1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Adrenaline and TMS

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by mdh157, Aug 17, 2015.

1. mdh157

mdh157 Well known member

I'm exploring the possibility that too much adrenaline or too often exposure to it can cause TMS in a variety of symptoms...........anyone aware of any research or ideas that promote or debunk this possibility?

I'm part of a family of anxious individuals and wonder if my stressing/worrying for so long didn't result in what I am dealing with now. For those who are unaware of it you can read my first posting but the short version is that I've been dealing with a series of health related scares the past several years, and to date none of which has amounted to any serious problem.

2. Markus

Markus Guest

If I'm very angry, my calmness can turn to anger and I'm filled with adrenaline.
    It goes away immediately but,amazes me how I can gather it so fast.

mdh157 likes this.
  3. Ryan

Ryan Well known member

I know the feeling, I come from a family of worriers and health freaks. Some, not all of them are full of anxiety and worry. They believe it's just in the genes and inherited.

Not true, we are all products of our environment from growing up. We become what we see. Once I began to alter my perception of life and face the fear head on, things begin to change. The light will overcome darkness, guarantee it. You have nothing to lose and everything to gain. We are all made to be healthy strong individuals.

Keep creating your own life despite other people trying to pull you down. Tms is a gift and it's your deeper self wanting the truth to be known. Everyone suffers in life and face challenges, it how we respond to these. Let up on yourself and go live life. We all have a purpose here and each day is a gift. Go connect with other people and don't forget about connecting with yourself.

Fwi, being in a constant state of fear and worry will cause a increase in adrenaline. Your body is constantly trying to prepare itself for battle. Your on the right path, wishing you best of luck. We are what we believe.

Ryan

Forest, Ellen and Tennis Tom like this.
  4. mike2014

mike2014 Beloved Grand Eagle

Our mind is very complex and it cannot differentiate between a true threat and an assumed threat (a thought). So if we are constantly living in our minds and not within our hearts, each time we live in fear, anger etc adrenaline will be released and we will be put us into a false state of fight or flight. When we enter this false state, we are in essence, reprogramming our bodies fight or flight mechanism to react to thoughts rather than real events. That said, with every thought and every time we go into fight or flight, we are weakening our bodies immune system and it's natural healing capabilities

Last edited: Aug 18, 2015
    Forest likes this.
  5. mdh157

mdh157 Well known member

All I need is for this twitching to stop and I'd be golden.......the fear is sometimes so great I cannot see anything but darkness ahead.

6. mdh157

mdh157 Well known member

I've been in fight/flight for most of the past 5-6 years.

Forest likes this.
  7. Boston Redsox

Boston Redsox Well Known Member

we are in the same boat….fear is the gasoline to our pain shut it down and the engine stalls?

Forest and Markus like this.
  8. Markus

Markus Guest

Fear has driven my decisions etc. You nailed it Boston Redsox!

Boston Redsox likes this.
  9. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Fear is something we just have to keep working on and telling ourselves we are catastrophizing. Things are seldom as bad as we think they are. When I start to think negatively, I immediately change my mind onto things that make me feel good. The fear goes away. Especially if I practice deep breathing and then laugh.

Boston Redsox likes this.