1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 5 Activities I Enjoy

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by Laudisco, Jul 15, 2015.

1. Laudisco

Laudisco Well known member

I've been thinking about what activities I enjoy, and two things I have missed doing are travelling and exploring new places. I have been thinking about going to visit my aunt and cousin in Melbourne soon, even though I'm a bit nervous about travelling as I haven't done it in such a long time.

I'm also hoping to go ice skating with my housemate, and try go karting with my younger brother (as he loves to do competitive go karting!). I feel like I've been staying at home too much and now I'm craving an adrenaline rush!

I also enjoy art and writing, so I booked myself into an adult education acrylic class today, because I think it will help me advance in my artistic skills. I already paint acrylics and sell my art online, so I'd like to learn some new techniques and gain some understanding of colour theory - as I didn't study art at university.

2. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi. Laudisco. It's great that you are eager to get out more and do the things you enjoy. Ice skating and go-karting sound wonderful.
    I used to love ice skating.

I'm a writer, so I know how important art can be to you. The new acrylic class will be more inspiration for you.

I just wrote a new novel, a satiric sequel to Jane Austen's PRIDE AND PREJUDICE called TEMPTATION AND TEMPERANCE.
    It's a hoot as it exposes the main characters of P&P to morals and social mores of 2015. Naughty, but nice, and fun.
    It's in paperback and Kindle at amazon.com. Hope no one minds this plug.

Laudisco likes this.
  3. Laudisco

Laudisco Well known member

Thanks for sharing Walt! Good on you for writing a book. Creative projects can be a lot of fun.

I realised that I've been sitting around at home too much and going stir crazy, so I need to get out and actually do something! Haha.

4. jwiles

jwiles Peer Supporter

Art seems like a very good distraction from any aliments That we have. It's awesome that you're thinking positive

Laudisco likes this.