1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Bonnard as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Day 19 Achievement

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by Ryan79, Mar 1, 2016.

1. Ryan79

Ryan79 Peer Supporter

Since starting this program have you done anything that makes you proud? Where does this sense of achievement come from?

Since starting this program I've decided to go back to working out which I hadn't done in about ten years. I've always been a pretty avid runner but decided that weights were going to be beneficial as well. My goal is not to be a body builder but to be comfortable with who I am.

I've also gone back to doing some video games. Usually for less than 20 minutes a day. This was always my favorite past time since I was a child.

Looking back at my journal it starts around January 27th, 2016 and I thought I'd have to quit work or journaling by this point. But alas, I'm still employed, still working my way through each of my journal activities. That gives me great optimism that I'm going to keep going and improving.

3 things I'm thankful for today.
    1) My wife who will attend a home school meeting at our church tonight. I know she looks forward to these meetings every month, and the children are with me the whole evening. There is a sense of enrichment when my children can only lean on me for everything instead of looking to mom instead, especially our youngest (22 months).

2) Movies/tv shows. I enjoy watching a tv show over my lunch hour to laugh, or refocus my mind somewhere else.

3) My current secretary who helps our a lot in the day to day activities of the office.

2. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

H, Ryan. You are doing really good. I urge you to keep doing he SEP and journaling. Increasing your exercise activity is great. Several fami;ies I know are home-schooling their kids and I admire you and your wife for doing that. Finding ways to laugh is one of my favorite things. If the is nothing to laugh about and I find myself wanting to scream instead, I laugh anyway and feel good again.

Ryan79 likes this.