1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Bonnard as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Day 24 Accidental to do list

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by Rosebud, Jun 27, 2018.

1. Rosebud

Rosebud Peer Supporter

Today, I had to spider write about something that is causing me anxiety, and one of the things that is causing me stress and anxiety is my home. I'm a SAHM, and I spend a lot of time at home. Unfortunately, I'm not a very good housewife: I dislike housework and I'm not good at it. My husband works long hours, and literally everything falls on me, cleaning, decluttering, home repair, gardening, bill-paying, everything car-related, you name it. If I don't do it, it doesn't happen.

So, I'm writing down everything that stresses me, and I end up with what is basically an enormous to do list. Eek, that wasn't supposed to happen!

I did realise though, that I'm pretty angry about this. There are reasons why I ended up in this situation, and I had my part in that story, but still. I also realised that I am a caretaker after all. I'm not that person who volunteers to do your dishes or to pick you up at the airport at 3 am, but at home, I do tend to end up with the stuff nobody else wants to do. Hm. Why do I have to do all of that? Why indeed.

Ivanka and JanAtheCPA like this.