1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

accepting medications and TMS

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by stevow7, Jan 14, 2020.

1. stevow7

stevow7 Well known member

i was prescribed with zoloft, klonopin and something else (low dose) and i’m also working with a therapist for ocd, anxiety, depression and other stuffs.

i have always avoided medicines because of what i constantly read online and tried to do it naturally, but i have been in a circle tbh. i did get better and feel better, but i do feel i need help.

i feel despersonalize. idk how to explain it, but i don’t feel many emotions, i don’t smile, fee happy, i don’t have energy, i see people like ghost, like i don’t feel like saluting them. i just don’t know how to explain it. i can’t think clearly.

im scared because i might be going against tms technique and even claire weekes (don’t know if shes against it?)

i had labs with low testosterone and im also scared that this might make things worst if they are still low.

i’m also worried about taking this long term and what if i get better, stop them and feel like i do now? what if this meds hides my emotions and won’t feel them? actually most of the time i feel lonely and sad tho.

i really want to smile and be happy again and i know i will. don’t want to depend on this tho.

i currently have a part time job, a family member who i live with and is stressed out and sad because of seeing me like this, a dog who is old and can’t really do much with her, the internet and a few books.

i want friends and stuff to do, but i find it hard. i also want to continue studying, but feeling like this had me stop studying.

i had to stop exercising because i was obsess and also because i had symptoms and or symptoms got worst during and after exercising sometimes and i already even feel better stopping, but i don’t have much else to do.

sorry for all of this and for my english.

i’m just looking for help and guidance.

im scared of medication.

2. TG957

TG957 Beloved Grand Eagle

It is a difficult question whether to stay on medication or not, and different people on the forum may give you different opinions. I know that number of people here employed a hybrid approach: they would start taking medication in order to get going, but then would wean themselves off it as soon as they can sustain it. We are all different, with different bodies, minds, and different life circumstances and history.

You are keenly aware that your end goal is to get off the meds - and that is an excellent start by itself. How to get there is a matter of patience, persistence and faith in yourself. I know that medications can mess with your emotional state and cause mental side effects. If you accept this as a temporary setback, you may be more successful than by trying to quit medications at once. The shortest road is not always the fastest. Do not be scared, as long as you know that eventually you are in control of your health, you will be OK.

I would like to warn you that not exercising at all may mean giving into your symptoms. Try to modify your exercise to the lowest possible level that does not trigger more pain, but then try to work slowly up to more exercise. In my case, exercising often causes anxiety and stress for the first 15-20 minutes, but as I persist into it, I end up enjoying it.

Best of luck to you!