1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

ACCEPTANCE of pain.

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Grateful17, Oct 4, 2015.

1. Grateful17

Grateful17 Well known member

I found this on Facebook and thought it was interesting. I know for me, acceptance has helped more than anything else. I used to fight, resist, over analyze and let my pain frustrate me. Not anymore.

[​IMG]
    Bryant McGill with Israr Ul Hassan and 48 others
    January 3 · Edited
    You were always stronger than your fear and pain by Bryant McGill

There is an intelligent healing process inside of you that knows how to absorb pain and transform it into wisdom. But to heal, you have to give yourself to the pain. You cannot avoid facing yourself your whole life. If you avoid your truthful emotions and pain you will implode and contract into a diminished and unfeeling state. Growth and empowerment require reflection and facing the frightening, ugly, hard and unbearable reality. People are often clever masters at fooling themselves and not seeing the obvious right in front of them. One of the fastest ways to move through your pain is to get a grip on reality. Real transformation requires real honesty. If you want to move forward — get real with yourself!

Crisis is what suppressed pain looks like; it always comes to the surface. It shakes you into reflection and healing. When you are avoiding your pain you are really only avoiding your growth. Get up in your pain's face — eyeball to eyeball — and say, "I'm not afraid of you!" The biggest liar you will ever meet is yourself. It is amazing the lies we tell ourselves because of fear. Stop your lying-mind dead in its tracks; no more running in frantic circles of nonsensical denial. No more blaming. No more escapism. No more neglecting. No more dodging and running. Suck it up. Swallow it. The only end to your pain is through fully consuming it and digesting it; otherwise it will consume you. When you face your fears in the light of openness and honesty, they will vanish. We carry many of these dark fears inside of us; frightening forms of mental obstacles that cast shadows on every beautiful possibility.

It is tragic the way fearful people put all of their fears and insecurities into others; the way they strangle their dreams — often in the name of love. Some people run from pain their whole lives, and what pain they do not digest they inflict upon others. You can't run from your pain forever. Avoiding pain causes endless suffering for you and others. Avoiding pain is really selfishness. When you face your pain, you will discover you were always stronger than your pain. Your pain was always a fraud; appearing inescapable, insurmountable and sometimes even as a friend. The time has come to say goodbye to the afflictions you have been carrying, nurturing, protecting and empowering. When you truly face your pain you will only see yourself. Your fear was always you. Fear is a prison where you are the jailer. Free yourself! Anything you want is just beyond your fear. Your healing hour arrives the moment you decide to live fully and powerfully. That moment is now.
    — Bryant McGill

New Book: SimpleRemindersBook.com

Last edited: Oct 4, 2015
  2. mike2014

mike2014 Beloved Grand Eagle

A great post Grateful, thanks for sharing :)

JanAtheCPA, angelic333 and Grateful17 like this.
  3. mike2014

mike2014 Beloved Grand Eagle

By the way, I just purchased this book, it was a steal at that price.

Grateful17 likes this.
  4. Grateful17

Grateful17 Well known member

Mike, let me know how it is. I thought it looked good.