1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 16 About my problem to someone

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by Raj s, Sep 8, 2014.

1. Raj s

Raj s Peer Supporter

When I initially started having hand pain, I was going to doctors.. that time my family and friends were aware of.. Few months later still with the pain, they were like oh god you are still with the pain, whether you checked properly with the doctors it might be serious... then every week they were asking me the update.. I felt like every week I am telling them the lie.. "feeling better but still some pain".. it was a lie.. I cant explain them how bad it is to be in the pain.. later then I told them I was out of it.. pain free.. As I am living with my friends.. they are not aware of my pain.. I avoided visiting my parents place.. I was like.. I will go to any doctor and will cure this one.. and go fresh to my place.. I started avoiding lots of fun with family.. Whenever I go to my relatives place also, I always keep thinking about the pain which they are unaware of... not really enjoyed my stay there.. My friends also stopped asking and they also dont know what I am going through.. I dont want to know them now that I have TMS.. it is very difficult to make them understand..

2. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

You're doing your best, Rajs. Don't let guilt or lying about the pain distract you from healing.
    Keep at the SEP program and trying to learn what repressed emotions are causing the pain.

Don't let your parents or anyone rush you into healing faster than you can.

3. Raj s

Raj s Peer Supporter

Yes exactly Walt.. people will rush me into healing which is what I dont want.. I am trying to not think about how long it is taking to heal. I am trying to live in the present.

4. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

You're doing it right. Maybe if people ask about your pain tell them you're feeling better.