1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Bonnard as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

About me

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by Mrbanana97, Nov 28, 2020.

1. Mrbanana97

Mrbanana97 Newcomer

Hey everyone, so I’ve recently been experiencing a ton of anxiety and panic attacks. It started last Sunday, while I was watching a YouTube video I felt slightly light headed and then started panicking thinking I was going to have a seizure (my brother is epileptic, I’ve never had a seizure or anything like it). I went to emergency and they checked me out and checked my vitals etc and said everything looked completely fine. This week I’ve been constantly getting negative thoughts about having a seizure and am scared to watch tv or use my laptop much or my phone. I’ve had numerous panic attacks this week especially at night when trying to sleep.
    I previously had TMS 2 years ago but for hand pain (numbness and tingling). I know this is just another manifestation of tms, but am having a lot of trouble overcoming it mentally this time. Any advice or suggestions are welcome.

Aimee88 likes this.
  2. Aimee88

Aimee88 Well known member

Hi there. Have you gone back to journalling? Back to basics? I've posted my success story here, and I still journal in the mornings, and check in with myself, and have the books on my Kindle for a 'top-up' when needed. Just think, you know what this is just as it's starting, no guessing, and you know what to do. I had an epilepsy training for a job I do, and it was really interesting to hear about these seizures that aren't epileptic. I was thinking, yup, that will be TMS. I would just remind you, that TMS is not mental, it's emotional. And that you are completely safe to feel.