1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

about day 2

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by jodib, Jan 30, 2015.

1. jodib

jodib Peer Supporter

just wanted to say (regarding the exercise for day 2) that my pain has been for 11 yrs or so, but goes away and for pretty long periods in between, and usually do whatever I need to do anyway- just have always taken lots of motrin. how I came upon tms wiki and all this, is that this time the pain came in December and stayed, and stayed, and stayed...and it was more severe. I even went to a dr. so that's all really, wondering why the pain comes and then goes away for a good while. just learning, excited about this program. I got the book Healing Back Pain last week but on the way home at the Walgreen, the cashier was in pain with lower back and so I gave it to her to read and call me when shes done. I cant wait to see how it helped her. have a blessed weekend :)

2. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, jodid

It made me smile that you gave a copy of Healing Back Pain to the cashier at Walgreens even before you read it.
    You may be waiting for her to say she healed just by reading it. That rarely happens, and I think it's best that it doesn't
    because the more time we spend on TMS the more we learn about ourselves, and that helps us even more than being rid of pain.

It sounds to me like you have more work to do on your repressed emotions. Journal about them going back to your childhood.
    That's where I learned what mine were. They came from my parents divorcing when I was seven. The comforting feeling of
    security being in a loving family left me and I'd been struggling with insecurity ever since. TMS has helped me to become more secure
    and my back pain went away.

While waiting for the cashier to return your book, read the subforums to gain more confidence that TMS relly heals. It does.

3. jodib

jodib Peer Supporter

I will do all of that. thank you for the encouragement and info!

4. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Speaking of cashiers at stores, this morning I did my weekly grocery shopping at Jewel
    and noticed that the lady at the check-out was standing and working with a walker.
    She was heavy-set and probably around 60.

I congratulated her on her courage to work with a walker and she smiled and said
    she was doing it for her dog, so she could feed and keep it. Isn't that wonderful?

lexylucy likes this.