1. Our TMS drop-in chat is today (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM DST Eastern U.S.(New York). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support. JanAtheCPA is today's host. Click here for more info or just look for the red flag on the menu bar at 3pm Eastern.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

A weird toe symptom, TMS?

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by Calum, May 20, 2017.

1. Calum

Calum Well known member

Hi guys,

I've been getting back into hiking recently and pushing through the ankle TMS that was stopping me from doing that before.

Now I've got a really weird symptom where then I take a stride the top of my hiking shoes push onto the top of my big toe, which can become unconfortable. At first this was only happening with one pair of hiking shoes and I thought it must be the shoes not fitting my right foot properly. Then I noticed the same thing occurring in all of my shoes, including my big hiking boots, work shoes and casual canvas pumps. Now this makes not sense to me, why would shoes and boots that did not have this issue before suddenly have this problem occurring?

It is a strange one though because for my brain to cause this it must either hypersensitive the top of my big toe so it feels a lot of pressure when it didn't before, or it must be causing the toe to feel like it is feeling pressure when it isn't every time I take a stride. What do you guys think TMS?

Tomorrow I've devised a hike which is very similar in terms of distance and height to a hike I did a couple of months ago in the same hiking shoes. A couple of months ago I did not have this big toe pressing sensation, so if I get the pressing sensation tomorrow it must be TMS, sound about right?

Psychologically, I've been trying to choose a wedding photographer, which as a photographer myself I've found extremely stressful. I've even started feeling some indigestion, which is something I've never felt before either although I know indigestion is 100% tms.

Thanks in advance for your support guys. =)

Calum

jaumeb likes this.
  2. Baseball65

Baseball65 Beloved Grand Eagle

I've been trying to choose a wedding photographer, which as a photographer myself I've found extremely stressful

"Things that ought to not bother us".... Wow. You got to the truth fast there!....one little distraction irritation worked, and then didn't..... so your awareness is trying another one

Calum likes this.
  3. Calum

Calum Well known member

Yeah it totally happened again, even faster this time, although no extra distance or steepness in the hike. Must be TMS.

jaumeb likes this.