1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

A Very Happy Chinese New Year

Discussion in 'Community Off Topic' started by Mala, Jan 29, 2014.

1. Mala

Mala Well known member

Wishing all members here a very Happy New Year. May the year of the Horse bring you all, Peace, Prosperity & most of all Good Health.

[​IMG]

Mala

Attached Files:

2. Forest

Forest Beloved Grand Eagle

새해 복 많이 받으세요!!

I don't really read Korean, but I spent enough time over there last year that I learned how to sound out words. Above, with some help from Google, I wrote, "Happy New Year!"

I haven't done as much Korean cooking as I might have hoped since coming back, but tomorrow I'll be enjoying a nice big pot of leftover spicy red pepper paste beef stew. I made it as practice for having my brother, sister-in-law, and five month old nephew/godson over on Monday, when I hope to make it again. What a great way to start the new year!

Obligatory photo of the cute little tyke follows... ;) I'm on the left and the other slightly dazed looking adult is my other stepbrother.
    IMG_20131130_200309330.jpg

Mala likes this.
  3. Mala

Mala Well known member

Here in hk we say 'San Leen Fai Lok' which means happy new year or
    'Kung Hei Fat Choy' which means wishing you much prosperity. Does that sound anything like the Korean version?

Anyway I like this one
    May the Horse be with you !

Mala

Forest likes this.
  4. Forest

Forest Beloved Grand Eagle

MayTheHorse.jpg

I'm afraid that the horse wasn't with me because when I tried to sound it out I realized that I can't sound it out any more! I had to ask my girlfriend. She says that the phonetic pronunciation is: sayhay boek manhee baduh say yo

[​IMG]

Mala likes this.
  5. Mala

Mala Well known member

Your little nephew is quite adorable Forest. Very cute indeed.

Well the Korean and Chinese versions sound very different but all my Chinese friends say they can read & understand many Korean characters as they have some similarity. Yummmmmm Korean food, love it, especially in winter.

Take care

Mala