1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

A TMS MUST READ: SteveO's new "10 Book", #6, 'The R/S Ratio'

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Tennis Tom, Apr 17, 2016.

1. Steve Ozanich

Steve Ozanich TMS Consultant

A TMS dictionary would be nice. But the most requested thing by far is a "list of symptoms." People always want to see if theirs is on the list of equivalents. It reveals their level of understanding, cynicism and fear.

Don't stay in the tub too long, it can be shrively!

Boston Redsox likes this.
  2. Boston Redsox

Boston Redsox Well Known Member

I have given much thought to the statement : need for my symptoms ??? Once I know why I have them and what purpose they serve .... Why would I still want them it does not make sense

3. Tennis Tom

Tennis Tom Beloved Grand Eagle

Your conscious self does not want them, but your unconscious has decided you need them still. You need to talk to your unconscious, thank it for the defense mechanism and tell it you're the boss now and can handle the emotional situation head-on now.

Ellen likes this.
  4. Boston Redsox

That's a tall order to swallow TT...that you can feel so strongly that you don't need this defense mechanism anymore , but you SC still does!

5. Tennis Tom

From Dr. Sarno's 12 Daily Reminders:

"11. I intend to be in control - not my subconscious mind"

mike2014 and Boston Redsox like this.
  6. Tennis Tom

Page 47 #1 'THE SYMPTOM IMPERATIVE" :

Symptoms are: Changes, such as , swelling, redness, itching, pins and needles, hot, cold, numbness, electrical snapping, weakness, anxiety, and pain.

Imperative: Something that demands attention.

mike2014 likes this.
  7. Boston Redsox

Thx TT always filled with positive TMS help... I need to stop counting years and move on accept this is the way it is right now and change will come...this forum is a great place to be. Thx you all from the bottom of my heart I have learned so much from all of you Newcommers and Old. God Bless You

Tennis Tom and mike2014 like this.
  8. Tennis Tom

p.50 Ozanich, "10 BOOK" :

"Depression is often the cause of the need for the body symptoms. It is the most frightening of sensations; so much so, that whenever it looms the brain will desperately seek ways to create physical manifestations to divert the mind's eye from the darkness. However, the depression itself can be seen as a breakthrough, (a matter of perception). The brain has finally abandoned it's strategy of fooling the individual into thinking there are health problems. Its new emotional diversion can be seen as a "changing strategy," or it can be seen as an emotional decline, as though the brain is giving up. Life is a matter of perception, just as happiness is a choice. From my experience, the last stage before healing is the emergence of the emotions behind the symptoms, which is a positive step, not a decline."

Last edited: Jun 12, 2016
    Boston Redsox likes this.