1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Bonnard as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

A take on emotions and sensations

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by mstlymebutmstlyu, Apr 23, 2014.

1. mstlymebutmstlyu

mstlymebutmstlyu New Member

Here is a perspective on emotions and sensations.

"Emotions These are particles a being creates to let other people know how the game is going. There is a scale of emotions from apathy up to serenity. They are very light particles, and as soon as you touch them in recall they change to other emotions further up the scale.

Sensations These are particles which occur at the boundary between opposing postulates. Like emotions, there is a scale of sensations. As the space opens up the sensations change to ones further up the scale. Pain is a sensation in very collapsed space. Further upscale is sexual sensation. Then tickles. Above this is heat. Then electrical sensations. Then colour, and finally pure aesthetics at the top of the scale. The ones listed here are only some of the well known landmarks on the scale. There is a near infinity of gradations between all of them. Thus emotions and sensations are very elusive things when you contact them in recall; as soon as you touch them they vanish and become something else further up scale"

Just think by recalling our emotions seeing them for what they are. They move higher up the tone scale. Ex. Apathy moves up to fear. Fear moves up to anger anger up to desire etc etc

Good stuff. We are on the right track b

2. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

A good explanation of the two. It sure confirms how a small worry can go up the scale to a catastrophy.
    Gloom can go up to depression.

I guess we just have to keep our emotions on the sunny side and be positive. Maybe that's simplistic,
    but I never was one much for analyzing too much. I kind of follow what humorist James Thurber said,
    "Let your mind alone." I try to do that and just think and be and do happy.