1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 3 A strange, yet exciting turn of events

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by escapee, Oct 12, 2012.

1. escapee

escapee New Member

Hi TMSers,

Had a big week of highs and lows this week. Had a girl who I like very much dump me for another guy on Monday. Felt really betrayed/upset inside and was worried about what it was going to do to my progress so far. However I stayed calm and kept reading Sarno's books. All my reading must have paid off and sunken into my subconscious though because by mid-week something amazing happened. I was scrubbing and cleaning the bathroom (something I dread because it's one of the things I need to do regularly that triggers delayed onset pain 6 or more hours later). However I tried not to have any fear and to believe my arm is fine, whilst also making sure I didn't try to bury my post-breakup rage & maintaining regular breathing. Then, while sleeping that night I felt a medium level, but not unpleasant or scary pain clearly in a very low part of right latissimus dorsi. I usu only ever have it one high part of the muscle. But the strangest bit of all was in that high part of the muscle where I usually reliably get the pain & persistent trigger points....there was zero pain, but instead very fast twitching. In fact that area of the muscle twitched all night and to varying degrees for the next 24 or so hours. It was subtle enough not to bother me. And in fact I was smiling when I felt it because I knew what it likely meant. In my 5 years of these delayed onset arm pains...I had never once had this happen. I hadn't changed anything I was doing physically, so I knew it was my TMS study taking effect. I did some Google searches the next day and found some TMSers reporting that they sometimes got muscle twitching instead of pain, and it signaled to them the TMS was in retreat from that area. It makes sense to me, as I suppose that if the ischemic grip that had held a trigger point locked (knotted portion of muscle) was to weaken, then you may get a kind of on/off contraction flux in the transition to the knot letting go.
    My pain this year is usually a depressing(but not debilitating) 6/10... but in the last few days it has been 2 or 3/10...& sometimes totally gone. The sciatica I had for the last 2 months or so is alternating between 1 and 0 out of 10. Awesome! Hope I can keep this up.
    Note:I have been studying TMS for 2 weeks now...but just up to day 3 on the program.

Good luck all
    Escapee

2. veronica73

veronica73 Well known member

Hi Escapee, I'm sorry it didn't work out with your girlfriend, but happy to hear you were able to let yourself feel the feelings and know that all the body sensations were just more TMS. I've had pulsing/twitching before too.