1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 1 A start

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by D. R. Martin, Apr 2, 2013.

1. D. R. Martin

D. R. Martin Peer Supporter

I've already posted elsewhere about the knee pain I've developed, so I won't go on too long here. Suffice it to say that I've used Sarno's books before to work out of pain periods. This new one is stubborn, though, and what began as GERD/stomach issues (now gone) has morphed into knee pain, with elbow pain threatening. Just got a knee x-ray yesterday and the bony stuff looked fine; in fact the doc thought I didn't have PFPS after all. The pain is the soft tissue, playground of TMS. The trick this time around, as I see it, is figuring out where the rage is coming from . I have my theories--largely pertaining to a lifelong dream that I've bet big on but isn't yet succeeding--and hopefully this course will help me reveal it (or them).

2. Karen

Karen Peer Supporter

Wow, D.R., I can really relate to what you are saying. Even in the past week, I've had to begin to look at some of the disappointments that go along with living on this earth and allowing certain things to be OK....that's it OK that in life, some great things happen and other things are not so nice. Acceptance is a big thing for me. I'm a control freak and I want what I want.. and I want it to work out the way I want it to!!!!! Damn!! :mad:

I've been shedding a few tears in the last few days and letting some of these disappointments out of me. It feels good. I would rather live a 'mediocre' life than to live in constant pain. That's the way I have to look at things or I'll never get better.

Good luck on this journey. We're all in this together......

3. D. R. Martin

D. R. Martin Peer Supporter

Wow back at you, Karen. Wonderful insight here about needing to give up some things in the way of high expectations. Thank you...