1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Steve2 as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

A Small, Unexpected, Win

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Celayne, Jul 3, 2017.

1. Celayne

Celayne Well known member

Good morning, everyone!

I made a small discovery this morning. I have had tightness almost everywhere on my body. While it's moved around it's consistently been extremely noticeable along my spine. So this morning, I was watching my dogs eat their breakfast and unconsciously rubbed my back, around the tail bone and up. I'm so used to pain or tension that I will massage myself without even thinking.

The area around my tailbone felt weird. It felt...squishy, loose. "What's going on?", I wondered.

Then it hit me. This is normal. Normal! No tension, no gripping. I hadn't been working on that spot specifically. Just going about my TMS-healing process. What a great way to begin a new week!

searching4bre and c90danwaiel like this.
  2. birdsetfree

birdsetfree Well known member

Sounds like you are winning to me!! Keep up the good work!

3. Celayne

I had a flare up later in the day but it didn't last long. I'm really encouraged. Thanks for your words.

Bodhigirl and birdsetfree like this.
  4. birdsetfree

birdsetfree Well known member

Remember to keep thinking psychologically, that is the key. Your positive attitude towards your healing will take you there in a shorter amount of time.

5. Bodhigirl

Bodhigirl Well known member

Sometimes when I get psychological and let my feelings up, I am surprised how angry, depressed or anxious I am. Then I say, No wonder my psyche thought I couldn't handle these feelings! They are rough sometimes!
    Prefer feelings to pain any day.

Celayne likes this.
  6. FredAmir

FredAmir Well known member

This July 4th you can celebrate your independence from muscle tightness. Good for you.

7. Celayne

I'm actually starting to not even think of a physical cause for the pain - A totally new thing for me in the past several years. It's amazing how it works, isn't it?

birdsetfree likes this.
  8. Celayne

Me, too. I can deal with anger/depression/anxiety much better than debilitating pain.

Bodhigirl likes this.
  9. Celayne

And I did!