1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

A question about Steven Ozanich's book

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by tgirl, Dec 15, 2015.

1. tgirl

tgirl Well known member

Unfortunately it doesn't take much to cause me to think my prickly skin sensations aren't from a mind body syndrome but rather something sinister, but I thought I'd read The a Great Pain Deception because I want to believe it is TMS. The book says peoples' symptoms of TMS are 'always' what ever is popular at the time or in vogue. My symptoms aren't the most popular and it brings on doubts. What about people experiencing less popular symptoms? Any comments would be appreciated.

2. Andy Bayliss

Andy Bayliss TMS Coach & Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi tgirl,
    I would not take that as "gospel." I think that is a generalization. So don't let your idea create doubt, if you can help it. If you have found at least one person who has described similar symptoms, who "cured" it with TMS, that should be enough to support your TMS program. Hope this helps.
    Andy B.

tgirl likes this.
  3. mike2014

mike2014 Beloved Grand Eagle

The mind is so powerful it can trigger any symptoms in any part of the body.

It may bring about unpopular symptoms to keep you distracted and focussed on the symptoms rather than your emotions. The key is to start thinking psychologically.

tgirl likes this.
  4. Andy Bayliss

Andy Bayliss TMS Coach & Beloved Grand Eagle

You might try messaging Steve also. He's on here occasionally and wants to help folks.
    Hit Start a New Conversation, and begin to type in his name
    Participants:

Separate names with a comma. You may invite up to 5 member(s).

Maybe he can reassure you personally. If not Mike makes a good point. Unpopular symptoms may hook you more, so that's what you're getting!

tgirl likes this.
  5. tgirl

tgirl Well known member

Thanks Andy and Mike. What you said Mike makes sense. And Andy, I haven't heard of anyone being cured of my symptoms but I am hopeful there is someone out there.:) I will keep reading the book. It has some good information. I mean there isn't a doctor that can find anything wrong with me so it seems reasonable to take this path.

6. Boston Redsox

Boston Redsox Well Known Member

Tgirl

I have your same issues with a couple others i am 100 percent in i know what you mean about trying to ignore them

tgirl likes this.