1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

A Post From a Friend

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Eric "Herbie" Watson, Oct 4, 2013.

1. Eric "Herbie" Watson

Eric "Herbie" Watson Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi Eric, I just want to add that we also need to do more to prevent tms/anxiety from happening instead of just treating it when it happened. We washed hand, we take vaccines, we stay away from germy places... so we don't get flu and cold every year. We can do the same with tms/anxiety.
    We need to de-stress our life. Get our life in order. Simplify it, stop prograstinate, be more compassionate, relax and enjoy and appreciate the simpler things in life, share more, laugh more, and above all, accept more.
    Acceptance is one of the most powerful tools we have to deal with all those negative emotion. It is not what happened to us, it is how we react to it that caused emotional turbulences and pain. We can look at all those poor and desperate people all over the world, all they got is acceptance, without acceptance they wouldn't survive.
    deal with your stress. Try to minimize it if you can. Try to find another way to deal with stress instead of just being it's victim. If all else failed, try to accept it. Stress, situations that produced stress is part of life, we are all going through it. It will build character, it will help us be stronger, it will not last, it will be a great learning experience... so accept it and move on. Don't dwell on it.
    Think of it like the weather. When it is too hot outside, if we don't stay in the shade, if we don't drink enough fluid, if we don't minimize physical activities, we may get heat stroke. When it is too cold, if we don't dress warm enough, if we expose our body to the cold environment too long, we may get frostbite and may die from it. We all have stress in life, but if we expose our self to stress for too long it will hurt. It will become tms, anxiety, panic, ptsd, OCD, CFS,...
    - So try to limit stress in your life as much as you can. Adopt a "I don't give a Sh.." mentality.- Try to add more laughter, more fun, more compassion, more love, more sharing, more positive into your life. They help cancel out the negative in your life.- Acceptance, acceptance, acceptance. Bad things will happen. We all will suffer from lost, from grief, from this and that and nothing we can do about it. Just being more acceptance and move on.

By Balto

2. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Balto, I like the way you put it about stress... Tell yourself "I don't give a Sh.." And laugh more, have more fun, more compassion, more love, more sharing, more positive in your life."

Be more accepting of life's sh.. and move on.

Eric "Herbie" Watson likes this.
  3. Eric "Herbie" Watson

Eric "Herbie" Watson Beloved Grand Eagle

Its good to see more fun, more compassion, more love, more sharing, more positive in your life."
    And that- I don't care attitude, has a way of beefing you up and giving you that extra courage to
    just get back to living and forget all the past issues that have stopped so many from living.

Life is going to have struggle but we have the power to control how we react to those struggles
    It does take practice but the end result is sweet.
    Bless you Walt

4. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

At 94, my mother said that despite some pain, "Life is sweet."
    I think I caught that from her. A positive virus.