1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

A New TMS-Inspired Quote "Book"

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by JEgol71, Mar 22, 2015.

1. JEgol71

JEgol71 New Member

Greetings-

TMS, as Larry David remarked in ALL THE RAGE, was the closest I've had to a religious experience. It's been a simply-rehearsed concept, yet a rigorously complex succession of trials and reprieves through emotional space time that has had me sprinting up hills moments after limping to having my vision go blurry for weeks until I realized it didn't blur until I thought about it or became acutely stressed.

I haven't had time to finish my book, but I figured I'd do the next best thing by creating something I can call an "interactive quote book." It garnered interest from Spencer's, Urban Outfitters, Fred and Friends and The Unemployed Philosopher's Guild, however I decided to produce it myself to keep it as I feel it best functions for people who might have gone through similarly a inauspicious pain journey, as described below.

Consider it toilet humor.

Please find links and how it connects to my TMS story below. Would love to hear your thoughts, and I hope it brings you joy.

Namastain,

Jared

Namastain: 30 of the best quotes to inspire you to wipe again
    www.namastain.com
    www.facebook.com/Namastain

In the Spring of 2008 -- with personal and professional stress levels competing for dominance-- I went from being a 22 year-old gym rat with a bench press of over 500 pounds to professional clinic patient: in pain from head to foot, unable to even pump my own gas without my forearm muscles locking up.

While pursuing my MFA in Screenwriting, after spending tens of thousands of dollars I didn't have on fruitless alternative pursuits (including indoctrination into a bodywork cult), diagnoses of fibromyalgia and chronic fatigue syndrome from mainstream doctors, and my own physician father dying of terminal of cancer, telling me it's all in my head, my degree subject became an avocation.

And I became a full-time, disabled student of pain science and all of its underpinnings in Orthopedics, Rheumatology, Neurology, Psychology and Philosophy, as well as how those ingredients melded into various recipes of Self Help.

Thanks to introspection, grit and luck, I fell out of pain millions of times faster than I fell into it, and I was able to return to the gym and not fail out of graduate school, so that my father could see me walk before he passed away in 2010.

Namastain (TM) is the culmination of my experience through dead-end advice, vague phraseology, rehashed pseudoprofundity and other popular rhetoric meaning to help that ultimately serves to isolate and marginalize those in need of sincerity. Never has this phenomenon been so prevalent as today on social media, where users are forced to wade through assaults on their capacities to be happy free of suggestion via myriad quotes, links to things like "12 Things You're Doing to Give Your Marriage Arthritis."

My goal, along with my colleague and dear friend Logan, is to use the raw materials within my story and company to help people laugh, shit, wipe and question. There are many beautiful, profound and authentic collections of words out there, generally transmitted through the experiences intimated among people who feel safe and emotionally kindred.

My hope is that Namastain will offer a growing countermeasure to what I've mentioned.

IrishSceptic likes this.
  2. IrishSceptic

IrishSceptic Podcast Visionary

Brilliant, fair play to you!

JEgol71 likes this.
  3. donavanf

donavanf Well known member

This is genius.

JEgol71 likes this.
  4. JEgol71

JEgol71 New Member

Thank you so much for the awesome replies.

Never did I think I'd find a place for these quotes in my day-to-day living!

IrishSceptic likes this.