1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

A New Oldie (or Old Newbie)

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Cariad, Feb 17, 2021.

1. Cariad

Cariad Peer Supporter

Hello! This is my first post here - I was on another TMS site a few years ago but this one seems livelier! I'm a total Sarno fan but need a 'refresher' from time to time, especially after a few years of actual illness, and then the Year of General Unpleasantness we've all endured... Will stop for now and see if this works before I pose a question.

(PS want to say Hello to @plum, a fellow Brit, who may remember me from elsewhere as Joy)... ;-)

Cariad

plum likes this.
  2. TG957

TG957 Beloved Grand Eagle

Welcome!

3. plum

plum Beloved Grand Eagle

Hello!

Welcome to this sanctuary my dear. I remember you. How are you sweetheart? (This past year aside) x

4. Cariad

Cariad Peer Supporter

Hooray! I put in my thumb and pulled out a @plum ! How lovely to see you, darling! x

Well, this year was always going to be a doozy, wasn't it?! We lost my MIL to the Rona (she was 92 and suffering from dementia, it was a blessing, to be honest; though like so many this year, she deserved a better funeral). And I have been actually ill, and needing to pull my head out of that zone, which is going to be the subject of my next post. How have you been keeping, lady?

plum likes this.
  5. plum

plum Beloved Grand Eagle

These certainly are interesting times but pray god as we edge into Spring, life will start to be a little kinder to us all.

I’m sorry to hear about your MIL but I do understand how it’s a blessing. My brother-in-law is in a residential home with Bensons dementia and it is cruel. A friend lost her partner a couple of days ago. Other losses too but no one close, thank the gods. Yes, at the moment funerals, bereavement and grief are not the closures people need. My mum came out of hospital last week (a fall), but in the back of mind I worried. My husband also had a bad fall at the start of the year. It’s been emotionally bruising but I think we’ve all been knocked around one way or another.

All this aside though I feel optimistic and lighter in spirit. This is the first day I’ve actually felt like myself for a while (sleeping in till 2pm helped). The lighter evenings are so welcome, much as I enjoy the cosiness of soft blankets and candlelight I’m ready to feel the sun on my skin and a gentle breeze play with hair.

I see you’ve posted about your illness so shall pop over there to read your words. xxx