1. Our TMS drop-in chat is today (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM DST Eastern U.S.(New York). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support. Bonnard is today's host. Click here for more info or just look for the red flag on the menu bar at 3pm Eastern.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

A New movie full of TMS pain and healing

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021), Apr 27, 2014.

1. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Last night I watched “Philomena,” a powerful British movie with a woman (Judi Dench) and a journalist who tries to help her. She had a son out of wedlock in Ireland and was forced to live in a Catholic convent. It's based on a true story.

Her son was later taken away from her and given to adopted parents and she spent most of her life trying to find him or at least learn what became of him. It gave her a lot of guilt and anger, and the journalist who went on the search with her for her son was a misanthrope in need of a lot of psychological help.

Their journey ends in discoveries about the woman’s son and she, through strong religious faith, reaches a conclusion that is pure TMS. I don’t want to say more or reveal the ending, but highly recommend it as a movie full of wisdom for anyone, but especially TMS sufferers.

It’s available on DVD for rent at Netflix or Red Box.

Eric "Herbie" Watson likes this.
  2. LindaRK

LindaRK Well known member

Great movie ..... we saw it about a month ago.

3. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

I never go to movie theaters anymore. I prefer waiting for good ones like "Philomena" to come out on DVD, then rent it from Netflix.

But there are few new movies I care to see. Not much from Hollywood. I like British movies and TV.
    I'm enjoying season two of "Mr. Selfridge." It gets better every week. Not quite as good as "Downton Abbey" but
    better than most.

4. tigerlilly

tigerlilly Well known member

Love Downton Abbey!! I haven't watched Mr. Selfridge (my mom is trying to get me to watch it!) - too busy to commit to it. But maybe I'll watch it when it comes out on Netflix and I can use the sub-titles! :)
    (I'm with you, Walt - everything in entertainment is garbage these days - the good stuff is few and far between!)

5. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

You can watch "Mr. Selfridge" season one now from Netflix and season two which is even better
    has 5 more weeks to run on TV, then will be available on DVD. It's worth the viewing.

New movies from Hollywood this week include: "Joy Ride 3: Roadkill," "Lone Survivor," a war film,
    "Stage Fright" (creepy, gory), and nothing I'd consider watching.

6. LindaRK

LindaRK Well known member

We don't go to the theater either ..... not going to pay those prices!!!!!