1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

A New Book Finally Arrived!! from Cali to Seoul :D

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Seraphina, Sep 18, 2014.

1. Seraphina

Seraphina Peer Supporter

[​IMG]

'cause it only takes 1-2 day(s) for a book to be delivered inside Korea via standard shipping, I was always frustrated to order something on Amazon when I lived in the States. Internet shopping was like my bad amigo, and I preferred traveling real shops on the streets because I just loved the streets of Manhattan.

but NOW that I'm back in Korea and that I dearly need an important thing right now from America, I asked Amazon for the first time in 4 years--to have @Eric "Herbie" Watson and @Walt Oleksy's fabulous book on TMS healing and spirituality! the delivery took almost 3 weeks...whoa

I am such a slow slow reader especially when the language is English (my mother tongue is Korean), so it will take some time to finish it. but I won't stress myself to just "finish" it. I will absorb as much as I can as I truly love those two amazing men from this forum :)

*FYI, the other books next to the new book are Dr. Sarno's Grand Slam translated to Korean.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 18, 2014
  2. Forest

Forest Beloved Grand Eagle

I hope you enjoy the book! @Eric "Herbie" Watson and @Walt Oleksy are wonderful, and I hope you'll ask any questions if you have them. If you want to hear them discussing the book, the mp3s of our podcasts can be found on our God Does Not Want You To Be In Pain page.

Maybe I'm just a TMS geek, but it's always fun to see other translations of Dr. Sarno's books. I actually spent 1o minutes trying to re-learn the Korean alphabet so I could try to sound it the words on the cover. I still have a great little app on my phone for learning the alphabet, but boy was it hard! I guess I'll have to settle for sounding out the German version of Healing Back Pain.

Seraphina and JanAtheCPA like this.
  3. North Star

North Star Beloved Grand Eagle

So very cool, Seraphina!

Seraphina likes this.
  4. JanAtheCPA

JanAtheCPA Beloved Grand Eagle

Maybe? :hilarious:

5. Seraphina

Seraphina Peer Supporter

@Forest, I'm already excited to open the book after work today! teehee
    And thanks for sharing the link to Wiki page on the book. I'll definitely check that.
    The mechanism of hangul (한글; Korean alphabet) is easy to understand, but its pronunciation is definitely not so. The consonants are quite simple, but the vowels are more complicated, covering most sounds humans can make. I assume it's typically more difficult for speakers of Indo-European languages (e.g., all the Latin-based languages) since Korean has much harder and thicker pronunciation. I saw many Westerners being surprised at hearing Korean for the first time since they thought people were quarreling with so much tension in every word. lol :D

@North Star Hey there! yeah I already feel cool with the new awesome book from Herbie and Walt. BTW, I always wondered who the worried guy is on the cover of MBP there. That shouldn't be Dr. Sarno as far as I know. haha

@JanAtheCPA oh Jan, you just made me burst out with a big laugh at work :hilarious:. now people are looking at me like a weirdo... :p

North Star and JanAtheCPA like this.
  6. JanAtheCPA

JanAtheCPA Beloved Grand Eagle

7. Eric "Herbie" Watson

Eric "Herbie" Watson Beloved Grand Eagle

Seraphina, I'm so happy you got the book. You will enjoy it very much I'm sure, I still look at it to sharpen my thoughts and learn from. Thanks for your kind words too, I think your super.
    Bless you

Last edited: Sep 19, 2014