1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

A New Beginning | Being Sensitive

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by Simplicity, Dec 8, 2015.

1. Simplicity

Simplicity Guest

Kyrani, I've been thinking about this and how it applies to my life.

I realize that because I haven't been able to stand up for myself people have taken advantage of me and treated me badly and I've just accepted it; even going so far as making excuses for their bad behavior and thinking it's my own fault . This keeps happening to me because I allow it to. Enough. I need to change. I deserve so much better.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 6, 2016
  2. Simplicity

Simplicity Guest

I got the book in the mail today. I'm excited to read it and start working with my Inner Critic. I really like this place and all the excellent advice given; life-changing, really.

Forest likes this.
  3. Andy Bayliss

Andy Bayliss TMS Coach & Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi Simplicity,
    I am curious about your response to this book, and look forward to hearing your response. I hope you post something about it, good or bad...
    Andy B.

Simplicity likes this.
  4. Simplicity

Simplicity Guest

I certainly will let you know... I have only read a few chapters thus far and I will take my time, but I will say that I like the spiritual aspect of it - it seems to hold much promise.

I had not heard about A.H. Almaas before but I want to learn more, - reading a little about him I like that he combines ancient wisdom with psychology.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 16, 2016
  5. Andy Bayliss

Andy Bayliss TMS Coach & Beloved Grand Eagle

Almaas' work and guidance by teachers inspired by him was a great deal of help to me. His basic approach is allowing all that happens within, knowing that the resolution is toward Being. This is a profound way of working with emotions, life difficulties, conflicts, etc... And the first barrier is the superego, which is the gatekeeper to everything underneath. You can't allow new insight, new growth when the superego is successfully maintaining the status quo. Inner depth, aliveness, spontaneity, refreshment are all subdued in the superego's primitive survival stance of getting "childhood needs met." I am happy you are investigating this type of work.

Simplicity likes this.
  6. Simplicity

Simplicity Guest

I find this very interesting and important/relevant to my life. Whenever I've studied similar subjects in the past I've mostly looked at them as concepts and I haven't truly applied them to myself. - I have intellectualized instead of facing what's under the surface (Freudian indeed ^_^). Now everything is coming together for me to explore these issues and find a way to BE in the present moment and so far this book really speaks to me.

Thank you for sharing your insights, it means a lot and it goes beyond this book. I now have so much more to discover. - How exciting!

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 17, 2016