1. Our TMS drop-in chat is today (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM DST Eastern U.S.(New York). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support. JanAtheCPA is today's host. Click here for more info or just look for the red flag on the menu bar at 3pm Eastern.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 8 A lot of progress, but relapsing often

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by Lars, Jan 9, 2020.

1. Lars

Lars New Member

Hello everyone,

Today I felt pretty good when I woke up, not much pain, not much fatigue. My hair started to get pretty long, so I went to a hairdresser this morning. One thing I don't like about going to the hair salon is that they always ask if I'm free from work today. (I stopped working a couple of years ago, because of the persistent pain I had from working at the computer. I tried to get back to work a couple of times, but each time I tried, I got very tired and in a lot of pain) So I always tell them that I am not working much at the moment, sometimes I end up talking about my chronic pain, which I don't really like to talk about with strangers. So I walked in the hair salon pain free and I walked out with pain in my neck and a stiff back. One thing I am glad about is that I now know for sure this is a TMS response.

Back to the SEP, I really love the journaling it gives a good feeling to finally start this. I also made a lot of progress lately. I am exercising in the gym more often, which is feeling fantastic. I really notice I'm getting stronger. I also bought football manager 2020 for the pc last week. I am playing it very often and I don't have much pain while playing it at the computer. So this is all very positive.

Best wishes,

Aimee88 and Hayley like this.
  2. Aimee88

Aimee88 Well known member

Love the positives! I hope it was a good haircut, at least. :)

Lars likes this.
  3. hecate105

hecate105 Beloved Grand Eagle

So it shows that the pain you got at work was probably triggered by some type of repressed stress - worth looking at why you would feel like that at work - did you dislike the work, the people, the ethics, do you have triggers from childhood - being forced to sit and do work, high expectations, is there something you would rather spend your time doing...?
    I used to run a plant nursery - and i loved it - BUT - i had to work really long hours, all year with only one week off... So even tho it was my business and enjoyable - part of me felt trapped and put upon by the responsibility.... I ended up spending over 20 years in pain and using a wheelchair.... but now I have sorted it out and have a perfect work/life balance - don't take as long as I did!! good luck..

Bodhigirl and Lars like this.
  4. Lars

Lars New Member

It is funny that you ask Aimee, it was actually the worst haircut I've ever had. So I probably have to go back to another hair salon soondancea

Yes, I'm aware of this now. Thanks for your reply hecate very helpful.

Aimee88 likes this.