1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this link: http://go.tmswiki.org/newprogram
    Dismiss Notice

Day 8 A lot of progress, but relapsing often

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by Lars, Jan 9, 2020.

1. Lars

Lars New Member

Hello everyone,

Today I felt pretty good when I woke up, not much pain, not much fatigue. My hair started to get pretty long, so I went to a hairdresser this morning. One thing I don't like about going to the hair salon is that they always ask if I'm free from work today. (I stopped working a couple of years ago, because of the persistent pain I had from working at the computer. I tried to get back to work a couple of times, but each time I tried, I got very tired and in a lot of pain) So I always tell them that I am not working much at the moment, sometimes I end up talking about my chronic pain, which I don't really like to talk about with strangers. So I walked in the hair salon pain free and I walked out with pain in my neck and a stiff back. One thing I am glad about is that I now know for sure this is a TMS response.

Back to the SEP, I really love the journaling it gives a good feeling to finally start this. I also made a lot of progress lately. I am exercising in the gym more often, which is feeling fantastic. I really notice I'm getting stronger. I also bought football manager 2020 for the pc last week. I am playing it very often and I don't have much pain while playing it at the computer. So this is all very positive.

Best wishes,

Aimee88 and Hayley like this.
  2. Aimee88

Aimee88 Peer Supporter

Love the positives! I hope it was a good haircut, at least. :)

Lars likes this.
  3. hecate105

hecate105 Well known member

So it shows that the pain you got at work was probably triggered by some type of repressed stress - worth looking at why you would feel like that at work - did you dislike the work, the people, the ethics, do you have triggers from childhood - being forced to sit and do work, high expectations, is there something you would rather spend your time doing...?
    I used to run a plant nursery - and i loved it - BUT - i had to work really long hours, all year with only one week off... So even tho it was my business and enjoyable - part of me felt trapped and put upon by the responsibility.... I ended up spending over 20 years in pain and using a wheelchair.... but now I have sorted it out and have a perfect work/life balance - don't take as long as I did!! good luck..

Bodhigirl and Lars like this.
  4. Lars

Lars New Member

It is funny that you ask Aimee, it was actually the worst haircut I've ever had. So I probably have to go back to another hair salon soondancea

Yes, I'm aware of this now. Thanks for your reply hecate very helpful.

Aimee88 likes this.