1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

A little update

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by MommaCat, Jun 14, 2021.

1. MommaCat

MommaCat Peer Supporter

So after dealing with tons of weird symptoms with no logical explanation , I think I'm slowly healing.
    My neck pain and left sided facial heavy feeling, along with odd feeling in my lips is still present.
    I still have not ridden my horse.
    I think I'm scared ill make my neck pain worse.
    I have stenosis, central and foraminal, I think that that scares me.
    I'm still pretty down in the dumps and need some advise.

2. TG957

TG957 Beloved Grand Eagle

@MommaCat , your post is a bit confusing. If you are slowly healing, why are you down in the dumps? The only advice I can give you is to be patient. It takes what it takes, even if it feels like eternity. You know that you are scared, fear can greatly exacerbate symptoms, any symptoms. Breathe deeply, be patient, continue your work, take any improvement as a sign of progress, celebrate!

oneperson likes this.
  3. MommaCat

MommaCat Peer Supporter

I know. Thing is I can't get passed "knowing" my neck is a hot mess. I know about all the stenosis in my neck. I have had a ctscan and exray on my neck and the doctors just say bone spurs, central stenosis part of aging. I fear, again. The word fear that it might be pressing on my spinal cord. I just can't get passed my mouth and face bothering me. It comes and goes so that's a plus.
    For 7 months I've been like this with no other answers.

4. TG957

TG957 Beloved Grand Eagle

It is not unusual to have long periods without improvement. I had those plateaus of up to 9 months with no improvement, and then there was suddenly one. You need to deal with doubts and fear. Once you get rid of those, you are going to get better. You already proved to yourself that you can improve. Keep at it!

Balsa11 likes this.
  5. Balsa11

Balsa11 Well known member

Slowly healing as in physical symptoms are going down makes sense. Psychological healing is trickier.