1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

A little success :)

Discussion in 'Success Stories Subforum' started by Caynisa, May 29, 2015.

1. Caynisa

Caynisa New Member

To make a short introduction longer: http://www.tmswiki.org/forum/threads/22-girl-pain-since-16.4126/
    And the short version coming here :) I've struggled with anxiety since childhood, various symptoms, for many years most intrusive one being irritable bowel, which completely stopped after confronting an old anxiety pattern. Some months later it was taken over by intense arm/wrist/hand/shoulder/neck pain at age 16, which I've had to now, age 23. Tinnitus as well.

Months ago I started on my dream education which is within IT. This conflicts a lot with my pain being in my arms, and it has given me some trouble during my stay so far. However I'm doing great. I'm occupied and not letting myself be as scared as earlier. Socially and educationally and in general living..ly, things are slowly and steadily going my way.
    Every time I do something a bit out of the ordinary, something but not having an everyday, it causes giant strain for me, and no matter what I get immense physical hangovers. Becoming tired, having pain, lacking focus, etc etc.
    The success experience I feel strongly for happened some weeks back went I to a sports facility place where we ran around in a forrest and shot eachother with airsoft guns from 9am to 9pm, of course with breaks.
    I ran around with a real sized and weight rifle, were social, and physically active (running around, crawling on all four in stinging nettles) for so many hours, and in the evening I was exhausted like everybody else.
    The day after I had great pain, but for the first time in many years, amongst the mandatory physical extravagant hangover, I was feeling the great feeling of having used one's body by being physical.
    Let it be known I have been physically active for many times prior, just none as hard as this one, my physical reaction was remarkably different, which I assume means psychological reaction, and it was an awesome feeling.
    I know I'll pay the price physically, the reward of living however was just the greatest feeling I've had for so long :)!

IrishSceptic likes this.
  2. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Caynisa, it sure looks like you're doing great.

Your forest workout made you feel stronger and that helps to heal the pain,
    as Steve Ozanich told us playing golf despite the pain helped heal him/

3. Andy Bayliss

Andy Bayliss TMS Coach & Beloved Grand Eagle

Wonderful Caynisa! I remember for so long how I missed really being fully physical, with my whole body really exercised during my TMS years. And then how I felt, finally getting that physical feeling back, just as you describe. It is a wonderful "motivator" and clarifier, keeping us on the TMS cure.

I had this the other day too, after a really strenuous 2 hour dance on hard wooden floors. I used to be so afraid of hard wooden floors on my feet. Now they are a ticket to feeling really exhausted and satisfied! ! Thank you for the wonderful success story.
    Andy B.

4. Caynisa

Caynisa New Member

Thanks guys! It was such a great day. I'd like to add to the story that I just came home from another session, tonight my body is gonna sleep like a baby hah.
    There have been many times with physical activity and just slight strain that has put me down, it's pretty weird how I'm reacting to this now, naturally there's going to be physical hungover tomorrow, but I just feel so great. :)