1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with JanAtheCPA as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

A little help...

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Zebra2021, Jul 10, 2021.

1. Zebra2021

Zebra2021 New Member

Hello, I have been a long time reader on this site and finally decided to write in.

I was recently "diagnosed" with Distal Sensory Polyneuropathy (by a neurologist) in my feet which appeared to come out of no where two years ago after taking 5 mg of a prescribed muscle relaxer. This neurologist used an EMG for his conclusions. This was my second EMG (first one was normal). New doctor said that it can take 6 months after a nerve problem begins to see any irregularities on an EMG, and my first EMG was within four months of pain beginning.
    I have been to a many "ologist" over the past two years and have never received a diagnosis or path(s) forward. My bloodwork is always within normal range. My A1C is around 5.5-5.7 and my B12 is 382 without taking supplements. All of my EMG's (1 of 2) MRI's (6), CT's (3), Xray's (4) are "normal" and most doctors have dismissed the problem as coming from my back.
    I have read all of Sarno's books and understand the principals of MBS but I see no mention of Distal Sensory Polyneuropathy in his book or on this site.

My personality fits the model of a person who would have MBS but, I can't seem to loose these symptoms even with all the changes I've made in my life. Is this TMS or an equivalent?

Thank you,

2. FredAmir

FredAmir Well known member

3. Ellen

Ellen Beloved Grand Eagle

Many people have come to this site and been unable to find their specific diagnosis in the list of success stories or other discussions. You could be the first person with your specific diagnosis to write a TMS success story on this site. Then others with the same diagnosis will find your success story and be inspired. It has to start somewhere and it could start with you.

How have you approached TMS therapy? Have you tried one of the structured programs available? Have you thought of working with a TMS therapist or coach? Let us know what you've tried and we can make suggestions for moving forward. It sounds to me like you are in the right place and have no reason for not continuing on the TMS recovery path.

BloodMoon likes this.
  4. Zebra2021

Zebra2021 New Member

Thank you for your responses. I try not use Dr. Google any more, but could this diagnosis be a "fancy " medical way of saying Peripheral Neuropathy?

5. Baseball65

Baseball65 Beloved Grand Eagle

I can't keep up with all of these new diagnoses (plural)... I just googled your 'DSP' and it is the same garbage can diagnosis that is a collection of symptoms. I easily could have gotten that one if I had been in pain NOW and not back in the 90's. Since i have gotten pain free and participated on this board , many new garbage diagnoses have come and gone in vogue.... Neuropathy, CRIPS, RSI, etc.... These are all just TMS. Period. Sarno DID explain this when he talked about the elevation of symptoms into new diseases...'chronic pain'. ... They can't solve something so they create new complicated problems to account for their failure to be able to do anything about it. TMS is characterized by intense lingering symptoms , and lack of healing. Remember... the largest bone in the body heals in 6 weeks. My thumb got cut off and I was using it 5 weeks later. The human Body is freaking amazing at healing. When it can't or won't, it's being irritated by something much deeper

I won't belabor pounding on the Medieval Medical System, BUT Sarno couldn't diagnose it as TMS because that jargon wasn't around. I am certain , were he still with us, he would bin this one too.

I had all sorts of nerve damage that was verifiable on the EMG and I got better in a few weeks. So can you. Part of the recovery process is the unlearning of all the crap we learned from the system. It might seem tough, but it isn't. When someone is wrong and has zero results, how much air time do you want to give them in your brain?
    Miffybunny and a few others were the ones to debunk CRIPS. Now it's your turn with this tongue twister.

Last thought....which story makes more sense? Sarno's or your doctor's?

LaughingKat, BloodMoon and tgirl like this.
  6. Zebra2021

Zebra2021 New Member

Thank you for your guidance.