1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 2 A little confused

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by Shakermaker, Oct 26, 2018.

1. Shakermaker

Shakermaker Peer Supporter

Hey guys, I've just done Day 2. I came up with many more things making me sad and angry, I listed about 10 each and could probably come up with much more with more effort.

But one thing confuses me, if the cause of TMS are emotions that we don't even know about, what is the use of trying to think about what makes us angry and sad? Will this become clear as I go through the course?

FYI here is my Day 1: http://www.tmswiki.org/forum/threads/time-to-get-to-work.19700/ (Day 1 - Time to get to work)

I've been busy this week so am unable to do everything on consecutive days. I'll catch up today on Day 3 also.

2. Andy Bayliss

Andy Bayliss TMS Coach & Beloved Grand Eagle

What you are aware of leads you to what you're not aware of.:)

Tennis Tom and Shakermaker like this.
  3. Lizzy

Lizzy Well known member

Shakermaker,

Dr. Sarno taught that TMS is a protective kind of thing. You're brain instinctively is trying to help you. I think you are training your brain that feeling emotions is a good and safe thing to do. Maybe then your cauldron of hidden emotions can stay at a simmer instead of boiling over into pain.

Lizzy

Shakermaker and Tennis Tom like this.
  4. Shakermaker

Shakermaker Peer Supporter

Thanks for your answers. Spending just a few minutes on this exercise has shown me that I probably have quite a lot of pent up anger and sadness that I have never really allowed myself to fully acknowledge and really feel. I think I definitely taught myself at a young age that displaying anger is unacceptable, and sadness for that matter, and shows me as "weak", "overbearing" etc. I often get told at work that I lack assertiveness which is probably connected to this also.

Anyway, more to be revealed as I go through the programme I guess.

Lizzy likes this.