1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Steve2 as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Day 1 A Life Free From TMS

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by radicalhealingnow, Jul 23, 2016.

1. I just saw the question at the end of the Day 1 page that asks "What would a life without TMS mean to you?"

If what I have really is TMS, then to be free of it would mean:
    waking in the morning and walking barefoot to the bathroom
    feeling the cool smoothness of hardwood floors under my feet once again
    walking and running barefoot on the beach
    dancing barefoot and stomping my feet without fear of greater pain
    going to the african dance class that my friend teaches here in town
    dancing tango again
    going backpacking with my dog and experiencing the glory of getting into the heart of the wild
    going to yoga classes and being able to do downward dog and handstands
    not having to wear silly shoes when I dance
    being able to wear sandals and boots and all the pretty clothes that go with them
    feeling good about how I look as I walk down the street
    having conversations with friends and family in which my health issues are not the primary topic of discussion
    being able to eat a variety of foods without worrying how my belly will feel
    getting through a day of work without having to put ice on my head between each client and without having to take tylenol and caffeine tablets daily
    having more energy and vitality to engage with the world and enjoy life
    feeling more confident in finding an amazing relationship without worrying that my health issues will make me unattractive

2. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

It may sound like Mary Poppins, but believe you are going to enjoy all those things by discovering the emotions that cause you pain. What we put into our mind should be positive, not negative. Believe you are again going to enjoy life, and you will.

Maybe look at youtube videos on positive thinking. Make a mantra to say again and again, some affirmation to help lift up your spirit.

I wouldn't even think or worry about how you look when you walk down the street. If you are overweight, don't let it worry you.
    One of my best friends has tried everything but can't lose weight. He's really BIG and went to a club for similar people,
    met and fell in love with a BIG woman and they are happily married. Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder. One of my best friends, a tall and thin and very handsome fellow, is married to a short, stout woman. He saw the beauty in her character, not her shape.