1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

A KIND WORD IS WONDERFUL THERAPY

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021), Jul 21, 2015.

1. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Tell someone you appreciate them or their work and it has a wonderful effect.

Just yesterday I got this surprise email from an educator in Texas and it made my year! "
    He may have sent it with a nod from God.

He was referring to an "Indiana Jones"-type of adventure I had published ten years ago about a boy having an adventure in Bolivia called "The Dagger of Death."

Dearest Mr. Oleksy:

I home-schooled my children with this wonderful BOOK! As YOU VERY WELL KNOW it is a VERY UNIQUE and adventurous book for kids!!! When I tutor it is a MUST HAVE.

But under PAIN OF MORTAL DEATH, I must always return it to my now 31 year old RN ER NURSE DAUGHTER!

I say I must return it to HER book shelf in her room where she grew up!
    I cannot find this TREASURE!
    Is it possible to get about 50 of these?
    My boys,who are teaching themselves how to love reading, are enthralled with this book... AND YOU KNOW VERY WELL WHY: besides being fast paced it is written in first person "kid" and is so well written that even one who has major difficulty learning to read is yanked into its vibrant plot!!!!

I sure would appreciate your thoughts on this and thanks again for having written it.

This book and the Hobbit are responsible for my children's love of reading. For a number of others to whom I have had the fortune of introducing it, it has been the catalyst for their enthusiasm to learn to love the written word(oops! Run-on!).

Thanks a bunch for your kind attention and for your inspired work!

-- Marky

Mala, Anne Walker and Tennis Tom like this.
  2. Anne Walker

Anne Walker Beloved Grand Eagle

Walt, I had no idea you have written so many books! I just ordered Dagger of Death on Amazon. How could I not after reading this review:

"The Dagger of Death was the first book with no pictures that I ever read. When I was about 5, my mom read it to me the first time. Then again when I was about 7. I read it on my own first at about age 8. I am now 15. I have since read this book 4 or 5 times. I know that this book will definitely stay on my bookshelf for a long time. . .
    HIGHLY recommended."

A kind word definitely is good therapy. I am looking forward to reading this book!

3. Mala

Mala Well known member

How nice for you Walt. Yes its always nice to receive compliments & to be told that you have inspired someone. :happy:

Mala