1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

A hopeful dream

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by Archie, Aug 2, 2018.

1. Archie

Archie Peer Supporter

hi, I am working through the SEP and have made great progress with RLS, with other aspects still being worked on. Last night I dreamt that I was running across some busy streets to catch up with some friends who were walking up ahead. As is typical in this type of my dreams, it was very hard to run, a real struggle to get my legs moving smoothly and properly, but this time I started to say to my brain "come on brain, I know I can run, let my legs move properly, come on brain, let me run ......" and I found that the tension, stiffness and discomfort in my legs started to ease and I was able to run more effectively. I woke up this morning and thought "WOW"!

healingfromchronicpain and westb like this.
  2. westb

westb Well known member

How encouraging! Thanks for sharing this.

3. healingfromchronicpain

healingfromchronicpain Well known member

Cool! Isn’t the mind (and body) fascinating?? Thanks for sharing!

4. Archie

Archie Peer Supporter

So during the day today I have been saying to my brain "you have shown me what you are doing (the bad stuff) and you have also shown me what you can d0 (the good stuff), so now I have the real evidence!!!" ;)