1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 1 A great journey begins

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by KevBin, Oct 21, 2015.

1. KevBin

KevBin New Member

Hi! First I have to mention that i'm a french canadian. English is my second language and i'm doing the best I can.

Im in pain for almost every minute of every days for about 2 years now. It began with my lower back for few days and would go away on its own. On day I sat in my car and a I felt a pull in my pelvic region. I felt a sharp pain and because it was very close of my private parts, I was very scared, I began the process of self diagnosing (very bad idea) with internet. I was sure I had pudendal neuralgia.

I was obsessed by forums on pudendal neuralgia and i was reading it every half hour or so.

After reading someone on a forum telling people about TMS, i recognize myself. I am a very anxious person and I want to be like by everybody. In other words I call myself the YES MAN, I can't say no to anyone in fear of being dislike.

Also, when I was doing some research and read new symptom i was feeling it a few days after.

I know I have TMS for one particular reason. Sometimes I dont have pain. Most of the time is when I do something I really enjoy. For exemple, I went Hiking with my wife on a huge mountain(not very huge but it was for me) two weeks ago.
    https://www.google.ca/maps/place/Mo...0x4ccf79fdd25c1a4d:0x2144f0df9f980f58!5m1!1e4

I had no pain what so ever. After the hiking done i thought that i pushed myself to hard and boom pain flares up. The same thing happens when i play Xbox with my wife's brother. No pain at all. I know that my brain is protecting my from something and I will find it.

So for now on I would no longer focusing on what I can't do because of my pain. I will no longer fear the future. No longer searching the internet for PT, surgeons, miracle drugs ETC...

Now I take time for myself.

Question To Ponder
    What would a life without TMS mean to you?

A life without TMS for me is a simple life. No anxious thought about pain. Be the husband my wife deserves. Sports, gardening, travels, roadtrips. No more dark tought. I don't need fancy stuff and lots of money. Just my wife, family and no TMS.

Again sorry for my bad english. Again im hard with myself. I think that you guys will understand my text and if not just ask and i will try to re-do it.

JanAtheCPA likes this.
  2. JanAtheCPA

JanAtheCPA Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi KevBin - Welcome to the forum and to Day 1 of the SEP.

I had no problem at all understanding your post! I have more trouble with people who don't bother checking their posts, because sometimes their iPhone inserts words that don't make any sense, LOL :D

I expect that you won't have any trouble following the SEP, but if you do, please be sure to ask. It sounds like you have already made a great start, and it certainly sounds like you have classic TMS.

I wish you all the best in achieving your goals, and look forward to reading about your progress. You've come to the right place - this is a great community of people who help each other - from all over the world!

Au revoir,

~Jan

3. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, Kevbin. Yes, you have begun a great journey in knowing yourself and others better. TMS and the SEProgram are fantastic. We not only heal from pain but learn how to live a happier life. I join Jan and others in looking forward to your progress. Try not to be too much of a people-pleaser. You want a simple life (as I have lived for many years) and recommend it highly.