1. Our TMS drop-in chat is today (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM DST Eastern U.S. (New York). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support. Bonnard is today's host. Click here for more info or just look for the red flag on the menu bar at 3pm Eastern.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

A good reason to think we have tms

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Richsimm22, Mar 26, 2014.

1. Richsimm22

Richsimm22 Well known member

I just thought id share this thought I had.
    I was at the end of a meditation, the one Dr Schubiner has on his website. I suddenly thought to myself "I haven't got time to sort my back pain out because I'm too busy sorting out my crazy emotional mind." This got me thinking about it even more. Before I found out about Dr Sarno's amazing work if someone asked if I had any emotional issues or worries all I would have said "yeah my flaming back pain" but now im gradually thinking about my mind and worries more and more than my actual physical symptoms. When I flare up its hard not to think of the pain but most of the time now its all psychological. What a turn around of events. Dr Sarnos argument is starting to make more sense. The phrase TMS only exists to distract us from our repressed emotions is starting to make so much sense now.

2. Eric "Herbie" Watson

Eric "Herbie" Watson Beloved Grand Eagle

Now you are really gaining ground rich. This is awesome how you can explain it like this. You have come so far.
    Keep us posted and keep this post for your tool box. Even though it will be ingrained in your mind soon.
    This post has all the right stuff -- thanks

Richsimm22 likes this.
  3. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

You got it, Richsimm22. Thinking psychological to find the cause of the pain is what it's all about.
    But remember not to dwell too much on the repressed emotions.
    At the call-in last Tuesday night, Steve Ozanich reminded everyone to stop thinking about the pain
    and enjoy life. Put as much joy into each hour or each day as we can find.