1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Bonnard as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Day 2 A Good Blank Doesn't Think Blank

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by Mara, May 23, 2014.

1. Mara

Mara Peer Supporter

One of the articles that Day Two linked to had an example of a mom who secretly resented the demands of motherhood but couldn't admit that to herself. I'm not a mother, but I can relate to the idea that a good (insert person or role here) does not think (insert resentful or angry thought here).

I think I have a lot of ideas about how a good wife, friend, writer should feel and think, and when my crankier thoughts don't fit those, that may cause more pain. These aren't even terrible thoughts, just the usual little annoyances of reality versus make-believe relationships. I lived in a land of make-believe as a child.

I did the journal part and that was helpful. I am so glad I have a secret online journal! mwah ha ha.

I've also started reading Unlearn Your Pain, which is really enlightening. He has a whole section on how an injury can cause TMS long after the injury/tissue whatever has healed.

2. Eric "Herbie" Watson

Eric "Herbie" Watson Beloved Grand Eagle

mwah ha ha, I love that Mara, My brothers and I will always do that after we say something funny or do something mischievous, very cool. It brought back memories.
    I too lived in the land of make believe, ain't it so cool. I believe 1 hour into the future now for what I want to happen and it always happens the way I think it.
    I love Howard Shubiner and many people here at the tmswiki have had great progress in doing his workbook. I wish you the best in all you do and have the best week ever.