1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Bonnard as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

A first!

Discussion in 'Success Stories Subforum' started by North Star, Jun 23, 2014.

1. North Star

North Star Beloved Grand Eagle

I'm looking forward to the day when I a post, "I've been totally pain free for awhile" narrative but for right now, I'm celebrating a small milestone.

The other night I woke up in the middle of the night with the usual intense shin/lower leg pain. It's a scenario I've lived with for many years. The routine usually ends with me wishing I could get my leg amputated and a small handful of ibuprofen. :eek:

"It's that long walk you took," my brain said. "I don't think so, brain. It's TMS," I replied.

"You should get up and take some ibuprofen, you know this is only going to get worse," my brain said.

More spasm. "It's caused by a mild oxygen deprivation," I continued.

I rallied my courage, "Oh, shut up and leave me alone!" More pain.

And then….and then….

It STOPPED. :D

2. Ellen

Ellen Beloved Grand Eagle

North Star,

Congratulations on your victory over TMS! And thanks for sharing it with us, as these stories are always so inspirational.

I remember the first time I was able to make pain go away. It felt like magic or a miracle, and I didn't think I could repeat it. But I did. And you will too!

tiphata

3. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

North Star, this is wonderful. I'm so glad for you. You fought the pain, told it it was TMS, and it stopped.

I hope everyone reads your post. It's how healing happens... Belief and perseverance.

Your victory milestone is BIG, not small. Congratulations.

4. Forest

Forest Beloved Grand Eagle

BRAVO! (or 'Brava,' as Dr. Sherman taught me to say for women :) ) I agree with Walt. This is definitely a big milestone, and one worth celebrating beerbuds

Thanks for sharing. We're all rooting for you!

5. Becca

Becca Well known member

YAY, NORTH STAR!!!! dancea

This is fantastic. Ellen is right - this is a victory over TMS, and I have a good feeling it's a sign of many more victories to come!

6. North Star

Awwww, doggone it….you guys make me misty-eyed! THANK YOU from the bottom of my heart for your words of cheer and encouragement. My ego is still whispering, "it was a fluke" and other nonsense but I keep walking around speaking to my brain words of healing and proclamation. Little does Daisy know how much she is helping me with all our little walks.

Thank you for helping me realize this was MUCH more than a small victory. It truly signals a significant event in my healing!

Love to you all…Mu-ah! :kiss:

7. Colly

Colly Beloved Grand Eagle

Tell your ego to take a hike! WELL DONE NORTH STAR. We should call you ROCK STAR!!

8. jlm

jlm Peer Supporter

Excellent work! I have been having nasty muscle spasms in the night. I can hardly wait to try this. Thank you for posting.

9. Eric "Herbie" Watson

Eric "Herbie" Watson Beloved Grand Eagle

Awesome North Star, You broke through. You will continue to have these experiences nowdancea. Keep us posted.
    Bless You

North Star likes this.
  10. Mala

Mala Well known member

Brilliant NS. We r all rooting for you!

Mala

North Star likes this.
  11. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

North Star, I believe Daisy knows how wonderful you are and enjoys your walks even more.

North Star likes this.
  12. North Star

Oh, look at the little love fest here! Thank you everyone! JLM…yes, be sure and give your brain a talkin' to when that happens. And for the record, my leg was acting up again this morning and it settled down within about 15 minutes. YAY!!!