1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

a few interesting (telling) observations

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by mdh157, Feb 22, 2015.

1. mdh157

mdh157 Well known member

I recently had a discussion with my mother that reminded me of something. She used to have seizures. i remember several of them with the last being when I was around 15-16 years old. During our discussion she told me they started wen my father was in Okinawa with the Army and started to send her letters saying that he'd kill her if he ever got wind that she was fooling around on him. I was not even born at the time, but she was very stressed and then the seizures started, and the doc could never find a medical explanation for them. She had them for almost 20 years, has not had any since then but is still on medication. In any event, I believe the old man started this and they were the result of TMS. Just an observation, i'm no doctor though.

We also talked about my neuro appt back in 2011 in which he did an exam but found nothing, put me on meds for a while, which cleared the symptoms up. During the exam he said to me at one point, "you seem pretty mild mannered but I bet there's days you'd like to punch a hole in the wall." My retort, "Did my wife call you and tell you that?" We both laughed but now i wonder if he didn't see some sort of rage and consider that as a cause of my symptoms. Perhaps he is a bit in tune with the mindbody connection even though he didn't implicitly say it.

The more i think about things in general, the more i think there is a strong psychological influence of the physical body. I am also about 2/3 of the way through Steve O's book.