1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with JanAtheCPA as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

A couple more questions!

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by SSG, Aug 27, 2014.

1. SSG

SSG Peer Supporter

Thank you, Shirley. You are right. I feel we were made to rejoice and enjoy this life. I did actually try yoga once last week. It went pretty well, and I did think that I will have to try it more regularly. I know exactly what you mean about your emotional state causing the pre-cancerous cells. Everytime I have had pre-cancerous or even cancerous skin cells, it has been when I've been under tremendous stress and emotionally not in a good place. I have always felt capable of keeping my anxiety under control...until now. I read on another thread where someone said that it takes a long time for the pain to go away once the anxiety is resolved. Although, it's not exactly what I want to hear, it does kind of bring hope in that it is not an overnight process. So, it also helps when you are prone to being outcome dependent. Another member suggested to me to not even try to make my pain go away. To accept that it is here and will be here for awhile. I have tried that, and it does seem to take the fear of "when is it going to leave?" away. Though not easy. I wish you the best with finding a new job and joy in your life! Looking forward to more posts. :)

2. SSG

SSG Peer Supporter

Thanks Walt! You are right. It was very inspiring. I think I need to read his book every day. I just wish it didn't take longer for some of us.

Shirley likes this.