1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Bonnard as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

A child's success

Discussion in 'Success Stories Subforum' started by Zumbafan, Sep 28, 2015.

1. Zumbafan

Zumbafan Well known member

I introduced a friend with back pain to TMS and Dr Sarno several years ago and she healed.

We have often talked about the need to tell children about the paradigm, particularly the aspect of linking a symptom to what they are feeling, so they can help themselves when symptoms happen. She has been putting this into practice over recent months with her 5 year old grandson. Last night I received news he was worried about his football class. He said he 'remembeted' what grandma told him. When he got tummy ache he said he talked to his brain about it, and it went.
    So simple, and powerful.

This has reawakened my desire for a small book for children about TMS.

JanAtheCPA likes this.
  2. mike2014

mike2014 Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi Zumbafan,

I remember making the exact point last year on one of the "Rumar - All The Rage" threads, that a short simplistic animations would work wonders raising awareness with the younger generation.

I too, think it's very important to start shifting children's thinking sooner rather than later, but it's difficult when most parents still hold belief that conventional medicine is the way.

Btw, did you watch the clip of "Stressed Eric" I posted last year? It's a short lived animation but very funny.

Last edited: Sep 28, 2015
    JanAtheCPA likes this.
  3. Zumbafan

Zumbafan Well known member

Mike, thanks for your reply. I found those posts under "All the Rage" and I had not seen them. I also found a post about a book by Dr Wayne Dyer and his daughter, Saje, called "Good-bye, Bumps!:Talking to What's Bugging You", written for children. I have ordered it.

4. mike2014

mike2014 Beloved Grand Eagle

That's great, I was not even aware a book had been written, thanks for letting me know.