1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Bonnard as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

A breakthrough?

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by Cat Lady 13, Jun 11, 2017.

1. Cat Lady 13

Cat Lady 13 New Member

Today I am feeling pretty good at this moment. No back pain and no neck pain. Things have calmed down since our visitor left. My husband and I are both exhausted because we were catching up on 18 years since we had seen him. Our friend R is a VERY intense ADHD person and talked pretty much non stop for the entire time he was awake at our house. But It was good to see him.

Husband realized that he needs to find a better way to cope and can't fall off the deep end when things pile up. When he falls apart my pain level ramps up. So does his. I have brrn telling him about TMS and he agrees that he has it too. His shoulder feels better since his friend left. So maybe a breakthrough!

Ftaghn! likes this.
  2. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Yes, a breakthrough. I think you and your husband did yourselves a favor by accepting the visit from your motormouth friend. You had to endure his almost nonstop talking, but he apparently needed to do that. Now you're able to get back to your normal routine. I think you both will steadily feel better.

A few months ago, a niece and nephew visited me and they talked nonstop, too, mainly about trivia. I listened and commented a little, but mainly just endured the talking. I was grateful for the visit and their love, but it wore me out, even though they were only here about three hours. I had to relax my mind the rest of the day and night. So I know what you and your husband went through.