1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Steve2 as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

99% cured, but muscle weakness every time i am about to do physical activity.

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by samuelp180, Oct 27, 2020.

1. samuelp180

samuelp180 Peer Supporter

I had cfs in in the form of tms and i recovered amazingly. I almost never get symptoms anymore, but i still have slight wide spread muscle weakness. It gets really bad when i decide to workout. I get a horrible workout or lacrosse practice because im so focused on the weakness. As anybody ever had or cured weakness with tms approach? I was completely recovered and then this happened but it is okay, trying to be indifferent to it.

2. TG957

TG957 Beloved Grand Eagle

How do you describe your muscle weakness? Are you aware of extinction bursts, which Dr. Sarno described as a return of symptoms after the healing starts? Those new symptoms would not necessarily be the same as the original ones, but they often lead people to believe that they are getting worse, while in fact they are not, because they eventually go away. I had a variety of symptoms that came and went while I was recovering.

3. Baseball65

Baseball65 Beloved Grand Eagle

Yep. Your still human. You still generate emotions all of the time (anger in particular) so being so young you will need to be mindful of this. It's not a curse, but actually a blessing because you will be able to arrest stuff before it 'gets' you.

I myself had been having the 'blahs' at Baseball practice over the last month or so...complete apathy, feeling weak. I pushed myself anyways. ... I actually wondered 'maybe being OLD has finally caught up with me'. Not only was I feeling weak, but I didn't care!

...and then of a sudden my GF and my Boss are both ripped out of my life.... I wnet from being 'coupled and employed' to 'single and my own boss' in a week.

and most of my energy came back! I hadn't noticed how the feelings of responsibility and concern had actually begun to make me feel 'weighted down' and tired. Now that I no longer need to 'buoy them up' I feel a lot lighter, and am regaining interest and chutzpa that seemed to have dissipated over the summer and fall.

Also, never forget that the body and mind have rhythm's that are below our conscious minds ability to intellectualize. I tend to be an all or nothing person. I either am criminally uninterested or so involved there is hardly space to focus on anything else....sometimes our body tells us it's time to do something else for awhile. I will play guitar 7 hours a day for months...and then put it down and not grab it again for months. Same with exercise, interest in financial matters, skateboarding...you name it.

a deeper introspection will always tell us the truth as long as we are willing to look at it

Idearealist and backhand like this.