1. Our TMS drop-in chat is today (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM DST Eastern U.S.(New York). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support. JanAtheCPA is today's host. Click here for more info or just look for the red flag on the menu bar at 3pm Eastern.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

6 useful short anxiety videos recommended by my therapist

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by AC45, Jun 7, 2017.

Tags:
  1. AC45

AC45 Well known member

Hello TMS Community,

I wanted to share a set of six short videos that were recommended by my therapist. The premise is simple - lean into your anxiety and do the things you fear. In short, do the opposite of what anxiety wants you to do. You can apply the same concept to pain.

I didn't have a great day today. After this series of short videos (each is about 4 minutes), I decided to try the final frontier of my TMS healing - running. I used to love long distance running but I stopped 2 years ago due to pain. I only ran for a mile but it went fine :). Anyway, I wanted to share these. The information is not really new to this community but the way it is put together is simple and easy to follow.

Episode 1:
    Episode 2:
    Episode 3:
    Episode 4:
    Episode 5:
    Episode 6:

Best,
    AC45

2. honey badger

honey badger Peer Supporter

The videos on anxiety are fantastic! They had me laughing which is a great way to go when dealing with anxiety. I'll also add that I think you're being too hard on yourself when you say "I only ran a mile." I think a mile is SUPER! You did it! You started running again! It's a great accomplishment and celebrating it will help to reinforce it as a new habit. Well done! I run a mile and a half 3 days a week, and I have no intention of increasing it because this distance is exactly what I need right now. If I ran more I'd probably get discouraged because it'd be too much. So I do a mile and a half and I try to remind myself of how good it is for me and how great it is that I can take the time to give this exercise to myself. Thanks again for sharing the videos AC45. They're really great.

AC45 likes this.