1. Our TMS drop-in chat is today (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM DST Eastern U.S.(New York). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support. JanAtheCPA is today's host. Click here for more info or just look for the red flag on the menu bar at 3pm Eastern.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

5 golf games in 4 days!

Discussion in 'Success Stories Subforum' started by Back-To-Golf, Apr 6, 2015.

1. Back-To-Golf

Back-To-Golf Peer Supporter

I have initial hesitation about posting a success story as I believe you are never completely 100% healed, but rather its a constant work in progress.

However, I thought it would be an injustice not to share my recent experience, especially for golfers here who suffered from lower back pain.

I have been suffering from LBP for longer than I can remembered. Even after surgery, the pain persist. Previously, after a golf game, I would need at least a week before the pain is reduced enough for me to have the next game. On the occasions when I managed to have 2 games in a row without an attack, I considered it a lucky break. But usually, I will be crawling in pain for the next 2 to 3 weeks.

Since discovering TMS last year, I have been having a good battle with the pain by talking to it. Last month, my golf buddies planned a 4 days golfing trip and with great trepidation, I joined them.

In short, I played 5 games in the 4 days! While its not pain free, but never once the pain level came even close to what I had previously. And each time, I managed to 'talk' the pain to subside.

You cannot imagine my joy! I am truly Back To Golf again. Thanks so much to the wonderful support from this community here each time I have my doubts.

Cheers.

2. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, Back-to-Golf. That's wonderful, that you've returned to playing golf despite some pain.
    That's what Steve Ozanich says in The Great Pain Deception healed his pain.

I agree that we my never become totally free of pain, but can come very close to it, with TMS.
    Or it may go away but come back. So TMS knowledge and practice is a work in progress.
    But we can deal with pain so much better knowing it is psychological and not structural.

I used to play golf a lot, until I got a dog. Since then my walking is with my dog.

3. Back-To-Golf

Back-To-Golf Peer Supporter

Walt, good to hear from you as usual. I find that as I get more acquainted with TMS, various things starts to make sense.
    Sometimes it seems ridiculous but it just happen. Just the other day, after I 'talk' down my LBP, I get dizziness out of the blue the next day.
    It didn't even occur to me that it could be TMS until I google it. And just like that, the realisation made it go away. Baffling!

So you don't play golf now? Do they allow dogs on the courses over your side? I just saw on TV the 3 great one teed off in the Masters....amazing.

IrishSceptic likes this.