1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

365 days of affirmations

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by mike2014, May 8, 2016.

Tags:
  1. mike2014

mike2014 Beloved Grand Eagle

Hey TMS community,

So I've given this a little thought and I thought it would be a nice opportunity to create a thread where we could post a new affirmation on a daily basis. I know we are in May, but better late than never to start.

Creating a healthy habit takes time and regular practice only then can we shift our mindset from an unhealthy one to one which is more balanced and in tune with our authentic self.

There is alot of evidence that the power of affirmations and visualisations can have a profound effect and create new neural circuitry, if we embed the technique for a few minutes each day.

I hope those who visit the forum daily will want to participate and add an affirmation if one hasn't been posted for the day.

Last edited: May 8, 2016
  2. mike2014

Today's affirmation.

Day 1 - 8th May

Good health is mine now I release the past. I allow vitality and health to flow through me.

Last edited: May 8, 2016
  3. Gigi

Gigi Well known member

I love this idea Mike. It doesn't take much time to lift someone up!

mike2014 likes this.
  4. mike2014

Thanks @Gigi, hopefully we can spark some interest on this thread so everyone will contribute. But I'll add one for today.

Today's affirmation is based on Neuroplasticity, spend a few minutes thinking, visualising and repeating the below statement...

Day 2: 9th May

My muscles that have difficulty responding can send messages back to the brain along new neural pathways.

MWsunin12, intense50 and giantsfan like this.
  5. mike2014

Day 3: 10th May

My body knows how to heal itself, and is doing so even now. The body is naturally a self-healing mechanism. It is constantly maintaining and restoring itself. This is true because my body has been doing it ever since I was born.

Imagine all the cuts and bruises you’ve acquired that have closed up and healed.

intense50, Gigi and giantsfan like this.
  6. mike2014

Day 4: 11th May

I express my deep gratitude to everybody in my life. I am aware that I am incomplete without you all and thank you all for coming into my life.

7. mike2014

Day 5: 12th May

I will take the time to breathe. Breathing deeply from my diaphragm brings oxygen to my brain and body, giving me energy and mental focus.

8. mike2014

Day 6: 13th May

My healing thoughts are now going deep into my subconscious mind and bringing total and continuous healing to my body.

intense50 likes this.
  9. mike2014

Day 7: 14th May

With every breath, I release the anxiety and fear within me and I become more and more calm and open to healing.

MWsunin12 and giantsfan like this.
  10. mike2014

Hello, Firstly I just wanted to THANK @giantsfan for contributing affirmations for the coming week.

Is there anyone would want to contribute a weeks affirmations, they can be your own or from the net? with thanks

Day 8: 15th May

#1 - There is absolutely nothing structurally wrong with my body. All my ligaments, tendons, bones, blood vessels, nerves, organs, fascia and muscles are working perfectly normal.

Day 9: 16th May

#2 - This pain (symptom) that I feel is just a conditioned response like Pavlov’s dogs had with a bell. I can recondition this situation with practice, repetition and patience.

Day 10: 17th May

#3 - All this time I believed that there was something wrong with my body, but now I know that is not true. My body has been perfectly healthy this entire time. I am going to beat TMS, I am winning, I am going to come out on top through this journey.

Day 11: 18th May

#4 – The femur bone is stronger than concrete and yet when it does break it only takes 6 weeks to heal. There is no possible way that there is anything structurally wrong with my body at this point. I can sit, stand, run or do whatever I want and I won’t damage anything.

Day 12: 19th May

#5 – TMS: You are losing day by day. I know you are just trying to protect me from my emotions, but I am done with your games. This is all just a psychological trick, the symptom that I feel is not real and I know that if I continue to do whatever it is that I want to do that it won’t hurt anything.

Day 13: 20th May

#6 – Everyday I continue on this TMS journey I am rewiring my brain for the better. It doesn’t matter if I feel more or less pain a certain day because I am creating new neural pathways and pain is just a sensation. In time my subconscious will believe that I completely fine. It is okay if I am not an overnight book healed person because I have found the answer to my symptoms and I am on the right path.

Day 14: 21st May

#7 – By Derek Sapico MFT: “Your brain is stuck using the same well-worn superhighway of pain and fear. Every time you stand up to the catastrophic thought or refuse to react negatively to a symptom, you are metaphorically taking out a machete and hacking a new road through the jungle. If you continue to do this, over and over with persistence, eventually the old superhighway will become overgrown and you will be cruising down a freshly paved (and pain free) road. Preferably with the top down.”

Last edited: May 15, 2016
    giantsfan and intense50 like this.
  11. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Great idea, Mike.

Affirmations were a big help in my healing from TMS back pain, and affirmations continue to keep me going.

My own favorite is the famous old one: "Every day, in every way, I'm getting better and better."

I also like these positive thoughts and affirmations from some famous people:

Joan Rivers: “Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is God’s gift, that’s why they call it the present.”

Oprah Winfrey: “The thing I fear most has no power. My fear of it is what has the power.”

Jake Gyllenhaal: "Fear stands for: False Evidence Appearing Real.”

Halle Berry: “Don’t take yourself too seriously. Laugh at yourself.”

Milton Berle -- “Laughter is an instant vacation I am taking.”

Erma Bombeck: “If I can’t make it better, I will laugh at it"

giantsfan, intense50 and mike2014 like this.
  12. mike2014

Bumping this up, in case anyone else wishes to participate or contribute. Thanks

13. mike2014

Hello, I just wanted to thank @Andy B for this weeks affirmations. An excellent contribution - thank you kindly my friend.

Day 15: 22nd May

I am willing to be myself in relationship with others. I appreciate that about me.

Day 16: 23rd May

My pain is a result of inner conflicts, and it is temporary.

Day 17: 24th May

I have the wisdom and compassion to understand the real cause of my pain. I am undertaking this loving task with perseverance.

Day 18: 25th May

I am willing to spend time with the depths of myself, and I often enjoy this intimacy.

Day 19: 26th May

I feel overwhelmed by life sometimes; this does not mean there is anything wrong with me.

Day 20: 27th May

My suffering is the same suffering that other human's have felt throughout time. I have compassion for my human condition. I also have compassion for myself that I may reject my human condition, out of fear.

Day 21: 28th May

My anger does not make me unloving, or unlovable, even though these fears may arise.

giantsfan and intense50 like this.
  14. intense50

intense50 Well known member

15. Janine28

Janine28 Peer Supporter

Day 22: 29th May

I am flexible and fluid as I move forward with confidence.

[Mike: is the intention for anyone to add affirmations for upcoming days, or would you prefer that we wait for your posts and add if something hasn't been posted for a particular day? Thanks for doing this!]

Last edited: May 23, 2016
    MWsunin12, mike2014 and giantsfan like this.
  16. mike2014

Hi Janine,

I hope your well.

Thanks for expressing an interest. When I initially started the thread I was hoping people who found it of value might want to contribute. Much of the success and whether the thread continues will be dependant on the participation by others so I greatly appreciate your interest.

With regards to your question, I usually wait until the period is coming to an end. So if anyone wanted to contribute for the following week they could post on a Sunday. I've reverted to posting 7 affirmations per post otherwise threads like such, can become huge.

With thanks

Janine28 and MWsunin12 like this.
  17. Janine28

Janine28 Peer Supporter

Thanks so much Mike for your response! This is a great idea and much appreciated. Thanks for the clarification on posting affirmations. I'm finding the ones posted so far extremely beneficial!
    Warm regards,
    Janine

mike2014 and intense50 like this.