1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

325 mile bike ride no TMS problems

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by phillyjoe, Sep 3, 2013.

1. tarala

tarala Well known member

I wondered if Flambards was available. We watched it in England on public TV 35 years ago when my daughter was a newborn. Still not as good as Downton though. Ah, that's the thread I've been thinking of. Well, enjoy, I too find movies great TMS fixers.

2. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

I know of most British tv miniseries but missed that one.
    DOWNTON may spoil us, but what a way to spoil.

I wish I could get to Opera Australia.
    I became a huge fan of it and David Hobson when I watched a tv showing
    here of LA BOHEME and later saw ORPHEO. He's quite a talent.

We don't get to see many movies or tv from Australia. I bet we're missing
    some good stuff.

3. tarala

tarala Well known member

I saw Cinderella here in July. It was amazing. Only my second opera ever, and I went to both because a friend from Egypt had a leading role in both. I thought I would HATE it, but no, I loved it. Mind you, it helps now there are subtitles! But it was mind blowing. I don't think though, there that is much film or TV in Australia that isn't elsewhere, and vice verse.

4. phillyjoe

phillyjoe Peer Supporter

My plans were to buy 2 bikes to ride around the neighborhood and area with my wife as a "emply" nest activity. A neighbor talked us into training for the "DALMAC" here in Michigan. A very greuling and senic ride. We trained from April to Aug. I heard about the many senic visions on the Dalmac but to be quite honest riding 73, 88, 93, 72 miles consecutively your eyes, head, whole body become obessed with getting the ride done instead of admiring a lake, tree, or some other visual scene. My wife an I are alreday planning one day rides 50 -70 miles where we can ENJOY the ride and the beautiful sights where we are riding. We did enjoy on our last day a stretch of rode called the "Tunnel of Trees." But once through this section it started to rain and temps drop 20 degree for the last 1 1/2 hrs. of riding. At that point you could care less what the senery looks like.

5. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

You and your wife are having some wonderful times together on the bike rides. The "Tunnel of Trees" sounds beautiful.

I went to Michigan State and loved the drives I took with friends, especially to Torch Lake way up north. A beautiful clear lake
    that is supposed to be one of the deepest in the U.S. And I took another trip to the Interlachen Music Festival and also to Mackinac Island.

I envy you both the bike rides. Hope you take some during the fall color season. Michigan is so beautiful in reds and oranges.