1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with JanAtheCPA as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

2nd time and Detoxing

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by Juno, Sep 27, 2018.

1. Juno

Juno Peer Supporter

about a year and a half ago I successfully got rid of my tension headache that plagued me for 4 months using the TMS method. Now I’m back with coccyx pain and I’ve been on narcotic pain meds for 3 years. I stopped taking them last November when I found out I was pregnant. I was given them again after my c section and continued to use up my remainders from before. Now I’ve run out and the pain in my back is miserable. Its time to detox and get rid of this pain. I’m emotional and missing the temporary relief from the pills, but I must stop them. I need support like crazy. I’m taking care of my sweet baby and I need to feel better. For the record, I was only taking 5-10 mg a day. So it’s not a terrible detox and I did it once before in November so I know I can do it. But the added stress of the baby is a lot. And I’m by myself. Hubby is a truck driver and I’ve seen him 4 times in the past 3 months.

2. JanAtheCPA

JanAtheCPA Beloved Grand Eagle

Juno, good for you for taking this step and for reaching out. I want to ask if you previously did the SEP or Alan's program, and what, if any, were your favorite books for TMS recovery?

We're here for you, and I hope that other mothers of young children (we only had foster teenagers!) can chime in with support. I do know that new parenthood is the perfect breeding ground for repressed emotions and the TMS symptoms that go with them.

~Jan

3. Juno

Juno Peer Supporter

Hi Jan,
    Thank you for your comment and support. I previously read 2 of Sarnos books, watched his interviews and listened to podcasts featuring him... I did the program on this site... I also began reading The Great Pain Deception. I stopped reading it because I felt great and no longer needed the crutch. Today I picked up that book and started where I left off. Dr Sarno’s Mind-body prescription was my favorite. I didn’t get lost in the psych talk as that is my educational background.
    Today, I also started on day 1 of this TMS program again. I’ve jumped ahead and started journaling my anger feelings and I’ve begun to challenge my pain. “Is that all you’ve got!”
    I find the withdrawal from the pain meds is what has me very irritable and I cannot wait to be clear of them.
    New motherhood is definitely a challenging and lonely time. My hubby drinks to cope with his stress and I try not to give him a hard time, but it bothers me. A lot. And I have a 10 year old son. Who is the best young man in the world but I find myself snapping on him more than necessary. With winter coming and the dark, cold days ahead (I live in MN) I fear a seasonal depression. We just moved so I have no friends in my new neighborhood as of yet. I need some definite support from people who understand and can help me get past this. Since I’ve done it before, I am very optimistic... most of the time.