1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 1 2nd round of SEP

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by KevinB, Nov 26, 2015.

1. KevinB

KevinB Well known member

Hey all,

I completed the SEP back in July and was free of all pain. I had some things crop up the past month, namely sudden death of a dear friend, work stress, first baby on the way, etc., coupled with obsessively fearing a relapse, and wouldn't you know it - a day at the gym doing a lift I had been doing for months, with the same weight, and pop, felt the back "tweak". It slowly crept in over the next few hours, and I was SOOOO scared, so it got worse. So for the past 9 days i've been in pain when walking and standing, and sleeping, but have been doing the work I learned here.

Nevertheless, it was suggested to me to do the program again, there must be some new stuff, and possibly some things that I hadn't addressed last time. I have some fears about it not working this time, but I certainly have nothing to lose, I gained A LOT from it last time. I feel a little disappointed in myself because I just finished it four months ago.....but that's the inner bully in me, so I'm trying to tell it to back off, that it doesn't matter that I did it before, that this is a GOOD thing.

Anyhow, because the symptoms are virtually identical to my last episode, and I have none of the "emergency" symptoms (loss of bowl/bladder control, etc.), nor did I have tumors, infections, cracks in spine from last MRI (8 months ago), nor any symptoms of infection (no fever or swelling), I want to accept and believe 100% that it is NOT structural..... but I do feel a small amount of doubt still, not sure why, and it makes me think that perhaps I didn't fully 100% accept it last time.... so, I'm doing the work. Rewatching that 20/20 segment and reading the success story for today is very helpful. I'm already feeling some relief, and a reduction of fear/anxiety.

So here's to another round of the SEP. I'm actually looking forward to it, in a way; I like structure and this is a good way to work on myself daily.

Thanks for reading.

Kevin

2. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, Kevin. It looks to me like the problem with a return of some symptoms is that you may not have believed 100 percent in TMS causing your pain in your first time in the SEP and your subconscious has sent pain back so you work harder on believing. I believe you can do it.

Today is Thanksgiving and a good time to count your blessings. We had a two-hour power outage this morning, so I am thankful (among other things) for electricity to be back on!

KevinB likes this.