1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Bonnard as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

26 year old with extreme full body pain and debilitating anxiety

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by jeffdaniels523111, May 14, 2017.

1. jeffdaniels523111

jeffdaniels523111 New Member

I am sure that I have had TMS since I was very young but the pain became debilitating 4 years ago. I was diagnosed with fibro and chronic fatigue syndrome in 2014 but nothing that was prescribed helped. I did yoga, tai chi, acupuncture, physical therapy, cold laser therapy etc. Literally anything and everything for the pain.

I used to have depression in High school( which I realize is normal). I am not sure what exactly caused my pain but I am certain that I have TMS. The most debilitating part of my pain is the pain that happens in my hands. it is excruciatingly painful to type and I know that by writing in this forum I will be able to overcome this pain. Two days ago I had an intense anxiety attack where I kept telling myself that a mental illness is my problem, not my "physical issues".

This was the catharsis that Steve Ozanich talked about in his book. I know because I laid on the floor and felt all the blood rush to all the "affected areas" of my body. I am trying so hard to accept TMS as the diagnosis but just like Steve mentioned _some sufferers may need an official diagnosis from a physician in order to fully accept the diagnosis as fact.

A little back story: My parents divorced when I was 8 years old. I had trouble getting over this, but I thought I was being a strong individual by acting strong. I wanted to be strong for my parents because I thought they were suffering. Later in life, I found out that they never really loved each other. They tried to make the marriage work just for the sake of me. They would take to therapy sessions but again I tried to be strong. I had no idea this could cause such severe pain throughout my body.

I am trying to banish TMS. I talk to the pain and tell myself the pain is real but the cause is psychological. I have read healing back pain and most of The great Pain Deception.

To whoever is reading this, thank you for your time. Any suggestions will help. It means the world to me.

-Jeff

2. Baseball65

Baseball65 Beloved Grand Eagle

Hey Jeff.
    Suggestions... keep on the path you are, because you are 'getting it'. In fact, you are very lucky to 'get it' so young. I was 30something when I got it and I have had nearly two decades of kickass restriction free life and activity.

Of course the pain is real... that's why we're here...so is the cure. Stick to the Books and you own experience for the quickest most efficient and speedy recovery.Don't expect it to take long. I have noticed that a lot of the people that struggle are the people getting too much input from non-tms sources, and of course many well intentioned folk have glued 'partial TMS' to their resume'.... TMS likes to move around and the power of suggestion should never be underestimated (nor the power of conditioning, healing, and Nature). HBP said like 2-4 weeks and I was back at my heavy labor job 5 weeks after picking up a copy..... after hanging around the pain industrial complex for about 18 months solid (being off work)

I have only been on this forum a minute. Their were no TMS forums when I got the book. I am glad of that because I had to face each and every 'piece' of my recovery alone... which is as it should be. The problem is in Me, my brain and I. I too thought I needed a 'diagnosis' from a TMS physician. When recently re-reading HBP for a minor relapse (3 days out of years and years) I saw the name of Dr. Michael Sinel (splng?) in my book. Back in '99 he was the only one making the diagnosis on the west coast that I knew about. Unfortunately or fortunately he was on vacation when I called... by the time he was back I was 100% pain free.

I know it's just semantics, but we're not necessarily mentally ill.... or else everybody is mentally ill... it's just an over-evolved coping mechanism gone awry.

Your awareness of your parents divorce is particularly on target. It's people very close to us that we're 'not supposed' to be angry with that is the TMS fountainhead. I worried about my own sons' emotional fallout from my own divorce. They are both well schooled in TMS. The older one (25) even gets a bout now and then and calls me.... it always goes away. Probably one of the best things I have ever had to pass on to them.... No life lesson or well intentioned axiom could be as valuable as this info.

welcome bro

Ellen and PAwoodchopper like this.
  3. lexylucy

lexylucy Well known member

It sounds like you are really open and that is a good thing. Not everyone who has Mindbody syndrome needs to see a therapist but I think it can be very helpful to uncover what the deep feelings are. It was helpful for me. Or you could journal- by writing or using a tape recorder.

It sounds like you might have some self blame about your parents parting or trying to stay together. It's not your fault. As you grow older you will see that you also do not need them anymore in the same way.

Discovering your true feelings is the crux to healing from TMS and living a pain free life. Also try the SEP. best of luck.

LexyLucy

4. jeffdaniels523111

Thank you both. These are wise words that I will live by.

-Jeff

jaumeb likes this.
  5. jeffdaniels523111

Also can you please send the link for more information on SEP?