1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

1st day - fibromyalgia - be gone!

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by hecate105, Jun 18, 2013.

1. hecate105

hecate105 Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, Am just reading Dr Sarno's book 'The Divided Mind'. It just seems to make so much sense. As I am in the UK I wondered if there was any help/support/therapist that could help me undertake the suggestions in the book. Then I went online and someone on a fibromyalgia forum had posted me a link to this site - and there was a daily programme to help! Just what I wanted.
    I have suffered from what was diagnosed as fibromyalgia for more than 20 years, at times I was so bad I had to use a wheelchair and could hardly do anything. I have not had children because of it.
    I have always believed that we make our own reality. When we set out to do something in life it is up to us to make our dreams come true. Despite creating the perfect home & life and being married to my soulmate, I was stuck with this 'disorder' that pained me and curtailed my life. I railed against it, I got depressed, I panicked and had a breakdown. Then I buckled down to accept it and learn the lessons that I could from it, hopefully becoming a better person in the process. BUT - it still was there, pain - all the time, it just drags you down, exhausts you. I have tried a zillion things - doctors, pills, potions, vitamins, diets, powders, regimes, exercises, mainstream and alternative.
    This feels right - as soon as I read the words - I could tell it was correct. The first morning after starting the book, I awoke with pain - I called its bluff - it went. I had a really busy day, continuously telling myself why and how I was experiencing pain, each time with 'calling out' the pain - it went. It has been an almost continuous process, but it is working. This is why a 'programme' or some way of organising myself is necessary, so I can get well, not just 'shift' pain/symptoms elsewhere.
    This is the 1st day of the rest of my life...

2. yb44

yb44 Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi hecate and welcome to the forum. You will receive some great help and support here.

3. Forest

Forest Beloved Grand Eagle

I love your positivity, and it sounds like you are making great progress. Being able to recognize what is going on so early on is a great sign. I was also diagnosed with Fibromyalgia. I tried all sorts of treatment approaches, but nothing worked. It wasn't until I came across TMS that I was able to begin to have a reduction in my symptoms. I have now been pain free for about 4 years, and it really does feel like I have regained my life. It can seem like it will never happen, but I can say from experience that this approach does work.