1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

10 More Reasons to be Grateful

Discussion in 'Community Off Topic' started by Eric "Herbie" Watson, Aug 2, 2014.

1. Eric "Herbie" Watson

Eric "Herbie" Watson Beloved Grand Eagle

Have you overlooked these 10 human experiences to be grateful for?
    I am deeply grateful for my family, my friends, my health, my work, my house, my car. I’m grateful for the amazing people who work in our company and the many people whose lives teach and inspire me. And, of course, I’m thankful for all the modern conveniences we have such as stoves, refrigerators, indoor plumbing, iPhones and more.

But for this moment, draw your attention to these 10 other important aspects of being human that often get overlooked.

The beauty of living in this human body is to know that God created you and me to breathe air, to laugh, to cry, to think, to feel, to receive insight, to move, to communicate, to heal and to sleep.

I’m incredibly grateful for them them, because without them, I wouldn’t be fully alive!

1. Breath
    For a year now, I’ve been doing a breath meditation every morning when I wake up and every night before bed. Taking a moment of stillness everyday to focus on my breath helps to remind me to be present in my busy activities movement.

2. Laughter
    Smiling and laughter has been shown to boost our immune system. Not only does it feel great to laugh, it IS good for you! Your sense of humor is part of what makes you you! So, what makes you laugh?

3. Tears
    Like laughter, tears are also a gift. They’re a sign of emotional health. Tears can be especially healing because it means our emotions are flowing. And not all tears equal sadness or grief. We can cry out of joy, happiness and love, too. (And if you’re not crying your own tears, someone else will.)

4. Thoughts
    I’ve read that the average person can have up to 60,000 thoughts per day—and clearly not all of them are our own. One incredible ability we have as human beings is tonotice our thoughts and choose to direct our minds to create more of what we want.

5. Emotions
    Feeling our emotions is one of most important aspects of being a healthy person. Think of emotions as energy in motion. Every one of us experiences a full range of emotions from joy to anger. But there is not “good emotions” and “bad emotions”—it’s just energy we need to be accountable for and to move and clear to be emotionally healthy.

6. Intuition
    Your inner knowing, that ability to receive insight is an incredibly powerful gift each one of us has. We all experience it differently to varying degrees. But I’m grateful that I listen to my intuition because it helps to guide me in knowing what to do.

7. Movement
    Every day I'm grateful to move my body. And for the energetic movement that expresses through me.

Even for people with physical disabilities whose outward movement may be limited, there is always powerful movement happening within the body.

8. Communication
    The ability to express ourselves starts from the moment we're born. And we have so many tools to express ourselves: words and language, energy and movement, facial expressions, music, art, technology, and more. And the beauty is that every person on the planet has the ability to communicate with ourselves, each other and with God.

9. Healing
    Your body is designed to heal itself. You body wants to heal. When it isn’t, it means something is blocking the healing from taking place.

10. Sleep
    Sleep is a gift. Without sleep, we cannot function very well for long. If you've ever had trouble sleeping, you know that eventually your whole life takes a toll. It is during our sleep that we restore, heal, renew and process.

• Author - Carol Tuttle

Last edited: Aug 2, 2014