1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 3 1/3 childhood 1/3 current life 1/3 personality

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by kindlethelight, May 11, 2014.

1. kindlethelight

kindlethelight Peer Supporter

Hi all,
    Day 3. I loved the reading today and I loved this division of causes of tension. Previously, I would have put 100% on my childhood, so it is good to recognize that there are current stressors (which means I can do something about them or how I react to them) and personality. I am really recognizing lately that my personality is that of the goodist! I have a lot of inner stress. For example, yesterday (Saturday) I had a very pleasant day lined up. Meet a friend for lunch, go to an art show and then have dinner with a gathering of friends. It was the weekend, the weather was good and I had nothing to worry about. But that didn't stop me. I got very stressed about the whole day and ruminated on time, and trains and really just wound myself up. Luckily I recognized it, took many deep breaths and told myself a different story. About how nice it was to be having lunch with a friend, and all the wonderful art I was going to see and so what if I was running late for the train, there would be another in 30mins. And you know what, I didn't get my usual tension headache or back pain. :). I can see where this is going and I feel so hopeful. Today's question was about exercise when did I last take it and I can happily report that I went jogging yesterday. I was a little bit anxious but I kept reminding myself that I have conditioned myself to feel pain after exercising and I kept telling myself that I am NOT Pavlov's dog!! ha. I enjoyed it. I can see that I am unfit but I am looking forward to working towards a 5k in June. Also, I love to dance. The last time I went dancing (3 weeks ago) I came home with tension headache. I have committed to going dancing again next Saturday and I am looking forward to that. Today's lesson was so helpful to remind me that really, I have nothing to be stressed or tense about. That there are some minor stressors in my current life that I can easily put up with or change if necessary. It's mostly to do with my personality. Back to morning meditations methinks. :) Thanks everyone.

Eric "Herbie" Watson likes this.
  2. Eric "Herbie" Watson

Eric "Herbie" Watson Beloved Grand Eagle

Yes, you think well. Your a natural. Stay the journey your on. Awesome:)